jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What would Dr. King think of present day America?

1. KrystalD profile image80
    KrystalDposted 6 years ago

What would Dr. King think of present day America?

What would Dr. King and other Civil Right Movement supporter's think of the current status of Black America? Were their original agenda's met? Why or why not?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6080921_f260.jpg

2. ChinaDoll32BX profile image61
    ChinaDoll32BXposted 6 years ago

I think that Dr. King would be proud to see his brothers and sisters receiving college educations, becoming business owners, working in important positions of power, leading the country etc. However, he would be disappointed to witness how prevalent racism continues to be in this country. For instance, I recently published a hub titled Police Brutality in African American Community's, In this article, I addressed how African Americans are targeting and often killed by police officers. Nevertheless, they are never held accountable for their actions. If Dr. King were here, he would never allow this type of behavior to continue.

3. cleaner3 profile image75
    cleaner3posted 6 years ago

Present day America is not to different from past America.
    We still have poverty, Racism, injustice,corrupt politicians......
    It isn't about one race of people it's about all races, I could say many of these topics relate to THE PEOPLE of America.
    It's sad that Good people like Dr. King are taken away from us before they have accomplished their goals.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Before his assassination, Dr. King was interested in social injustice and not just civil rights. He was against imperialism and the Vietnam War. Today he would probably be an outspoken critic of our political system.

5. lawdoctorlee profile image89
    lawdoctorleeposted 6 years ago

Thanks KrystalID for posing these important questions.  You really inspired me to write.  Love your stuff :-)

working