jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why are we attracted to physical beauty almost all the time?

1. odeisa profile image59
    odeisaposted 6 years ago

Why are we attracted to physical beauty almost all the time?

2. SonQuioey10 profile image81
    SonQuioey10posted 6 years ago

I think it's mostly because we care about what other people think of us. It's based on pride.

3. profile image55
    wim99posted 6 years ago

When gazing on physical beauty, one usually percieves another as complementary to oneself. Finding attraction on the physical level as a sensitive sharing of egotistical goals. The raw beauty then becomes an intellectual trophy for the mind.

4. odeisa profile image59
    odeisaposted 6 years ago

@wim99 - So you think that whatever we want from the outside is also what we unconsciously want on the inside. I hope I got your idea right.

5. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 6 years ago

Actually, I am not attracted to physical beauty just "almost all the time." I am attracted to it all of the time.

And the reason why that is the case is, a physically-beautiful woman is the most beautiful creation there is, in my opinion.

6. profile image0
    onlookerposted 6 years ago

Eyes needs pleasing before the mind, that is in our nature. Although it is wrong to judge a book by its cover we almost always do so. We even do it with our foods which is sad but true.

7. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

It has been said"Beauty is only skin deep" NOT TRUE  I'm good lookin all the way to the bones.

8. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 6 years ago

Because we have primitive instincts that tell us that beauty equates to good health and fertility. These instincts are hard to ignore.

working