jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Yes or No Would you vote for Ron Paul for President?

1. daskittlez69 profile image76
    daskittlez69posted 6 years ago

Yes or No  Would you vote for Ron Paul for President?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6226423_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 6 years ago

Yes, I would. I would have to hold my nose to do so but I would vote for Ron Paul over the idiot we have now. Of course, I would vote for my ex-wife before I voted for Obama and I KNOW she would have the FBI come after me.

And her present husband would make a great First Lady. He's not near as manly as the present one.

3. Lions Den Media profile image61
    Lions Den Mediaposted 6 years ago

If Paul wins the nomination then yes he has earned my vote, because the country cannot survive another 4 years of Obama. And I don't the claim predicated on rhetorical hysteria, but rather the reality associated with the fact that debt destroys -- people, companies, cities, and even countries. It is not only a historical fact, but a simple mathematical reality. No country can survive spending more than it collects in taxes and as countries begin to increase taxes the only rational outcome will be self destruction. In fact it was excessive taxation which were precisely the reason why America exists today.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, while I tend to have fairly conservative views, I think his conservatism is too far right.  Also, while it isn't fair to judge people by looks, we do it anyway as does the rest of the world.  I don't think he has a leadership presence, he appears frail and that isn't what we want to project to the world.

5. junkseller profile image83
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

Of this country, not a chance. Maybe as a village elder of some remote village that raises goats (you know, a place that doesn't need a government), but the most powerful and modern nation on the planet?

The world is a small place now. Very little doesn't cross state and international lines. We need a strong effective government to manage those issues. I do agree with his ideas of limiting our use of the military as if it were diplomacy, but he seems to want to completely withdraw from the world and that makes zero sense.

I also agree with the need for a more efficient government, but he goes past efficiency to complete elimination, which again just doesn't make sense to me.

6. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

President of what, the local art society.  Who is he?  Never heard of him.

7. stanwshura profile image75
    stanwshuraposted 6 years ago

Nope.  I do admire his consistency, and respect his opinions, many of which are based on sound reason and creative thinking.  But I don't know that he has the skills to get his agenda done, nor the broad knowledge, and let's face it, the physical endurance to properly do such a demanding, "go go go", literally full-time job.

That, and I am a proud and lifetime pro-life liberal, thus whenever there is a viable liberal/democrat whose life and career reflect those principles of honesty, fairness and compassion in the race, s/he will get my vote, and NEVER before as enthusiastically as this next election.

working