jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

In this age of information and social networks is it possible to be an internet

1. mione profile image60
    mioneposted 6 years ago

In this age of information and social networks is it possible to be an internet introvert?

There seems to be just too many things that are up against the naturally reserved person or someone you might call an introvert in a time when you a being bombarded from every corner anytime you go online to release more information about your person. How can an introvert survive in the internet age?

2. msorensson profile image73
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Yes. You can turn off the computer, take a walk, do meditation, visit a gallery, all by yourself..
    The beauty of the internet, you can always "disengage"...

3. yyah profile image80
    yyahposted 6 years ago

I recommend the book Quiet: The Power of Introverts. Haven't read it myself yet, but I've heard it's good and it sounds like it might help answer your question.

4. Hubpage Gal profile image60
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

Internet and introvert are two terms that does not belong together.  The internet is the world wide web and that means that any information produced by the writer can be read by over two billion viewers.  Even one's own personal computer is not private because of the computer's IP address that networks and determine where the computer is located.  The internet is mostly about writing text or producing content.  In legal terminology, anything written is available not only to the writer and not only to who the writer sent it too.  In that respect, if an introvert gets on the internet, it is best to speak in the third person as if writing a news article to keep the information private with just the writer.