jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think Congressman Ron Paul's strategy will be at the Republican Conv

1. Chuck profile image90
    Chuckposted 5 years ago

What do you think Congressman Ron Paul's strategy will be at the Republican Convention?

Despite being in fourth place in the primaries, he has been accumulating a number of votes and has indicated that he intends to remain in the race to the end.

2. RighterOne profile image60
    RighterOneposted 5 years ago

I don't know what he'll do. But what I think he should do is get his independent ticket going (and I'm sure he's already working on it). This time around, I really feel that a third-party candidate could outweigh the tired old two-party mentality. We're all starting to realize that the two sides of the isle are funded by the same corporate interests, and Ron Paul should already start knocking at the supports of the two-party system, while he's still got the podium at the Republican debates. He can ride his main talking points later, when he gets to go head-to-head with Obama AND Romney. It will be harder to knock the system later, because he'll be under direct attack from BOTH candidates.

(Because it is clear they'll never let him win the republican ticket - even if it means flagrant ballot-box fraud, right out in the open in front of everyone).

3. krosch profile image58
    kroschposted 5 years ago

Ron Paul previously has said he won't run as an independent and he didn't four years ago so I doubt he is going to do it this time. He is more legit as a GOP candidate for spreading his ideals and helping them take root. His chances as an independent of winning the election are slim to none most likely since he would be dividing the economic conservative vote. I don't think he would pick up enough Obama liberals with his social stances to be able to overcome two major party candidates as a 3rd party candidate.

4. ib radmasters profile image61
    ib radmastersposted 5 years ago

I am sorry but that is like listening to the sports casters telling the audience what the coach should do on his next play. And my comment is that it doesn't matter what the sportscaster thinks, it is the action that the coach will take that is the only important decision.

Also, the coach has the pressure and his job on the line so unless we are standing in his shoes we can't see the games from his perspective.

Closed to reply

working