jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do you think the government lied about the status of Bin Ladens body?

1. JamesPoppell profile image83
    JamesPoppellposted 6 years ago

Why do you think the government lied about the status of Bin Ladens body?

The leading story on the Drudgereport stattes that the body was put on a CIA plane and brought to the United States. Here is a quote from the article:

"Stratfor’s vice-president for intelligence, Fred Burton, believes the body was “bound for Dover, [Delaware] on [a] CIA plane” and then “onward to the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Bethesda [Maryland],” an email says."

2. My Esoteric profile image91
    My Esotericposted 6 years ago

I don't think the government lied about it.  The critical section of your example is "believes the body ..."  What makes it even less "wowing" is that it is written about a third party, some dude at a civilian intelligence beltway-bandit.  Now if the e-mail had come from somebody inside the CIA, then you would have a different story.

It is all about corroboration.

3. michiganman567 profile image83
    michiganman567posted 6 years ago

I don't believe that they shot him and dumped him in the ocean.  My government lies to me all the time, so why should I believe them when they can not even show me a picture?  Because Obama said so?  That doesn't work for me.

4. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

Good question. I have my doubts since a body was never shown. But, they may have their reasons.

working