jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think about the fund raising efforts for the KONY 2012 campaign?

1. radgirl profile image79
    radgirlposted 6 years ago

What do you think about the fund raising efforts for the KONY 2012 campaign?

What do you think about the financial statements released by Invisible Children on the KONY 2012 fund raising efforts?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure.  I saw that video and had the natural reaction to share it everywhere.  I soon realized that everyone else was having the exact same reaction at about the exact same time.

Then I heard the reports that it was a scam, a scandal, a rip off.  I don't know what to think about that, but I figure if it is something spreading awareness of human rights abuses, that it has to be a good thing for that reason alone.

3. randslam profile image84
    randslamposted 6 years ago

I think the hive mind is taking control as the Kony story continues to spread through the networks of television at present.

The "mob rule" concept is truly daunting if this story is a scam, as one looks at the power of the Internet and the possiblity for snap judgements to become the social media's court room...what if the story is wrong or simply manipulative...what if?

Once more the possibility for error by the majority when rushing to judgement on social media, or professional media, sources could lead to damage private and public personalities leading to wrongful death.

One doesn't have to look too far...the hate crime case where the room mate webcammed an experimenting homosexual foray is causing waves as I write.

The "viral effect" may not be entirely positive.

4. teamrn profile image69
    teamrnposted 6 years ago

I don't know anything about this, Soil research expected today and get back to you.

5. stockpicks profile image60
    stockpicksposted 5 years ago

The effect of one person's power on others is serious. I interviewed child soldiers. You can read about them on my hubpages.

http://stockpicks.hubpages.com/hub/chil … mmiebriggs