jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How does one locate a lost friend through the Internet?

1. NewHorizons profile image79
    NewHorizonsposted 6 years ago

How does one locate a lost friend through the Internet?

About 8 years ago, I had a friend from Ghana, Africa and we used to write to each other at least once a month.  I also met him personally and helped him a little as well and he helped me too.  He has other friends as well that I know of and neither does he contact them.  All I can say is that we were always good to him and yet he suddenly stopped writing and I never heard from him again nor did the others.  I would very much like to contact him again.  I know his address but he either moved or emigrated or.... what would you do in my place.

2. profile image0
    KatrineDalMonteposted 6 years ago

Hi, I know of this website http://www.friendsreunited.com/ but am not sure if it applies to a worldwide search.

3. watergeek profile image97
    watergeekposted 5 years ago

Try looking him up on Facebook or LinkedIn. Barring that, do a general Internet search on his name, including a keyword on something he was particularly interested in. I had a friend from the 1970's contact me the other day. She'd done a search on my name and found my website. In turn, I looked her up on Facebook and friended her. She's already friends with another of us from that time period, so that's two old friends I've found within the last week.

1. NewHorizons profile image79
      NewHorizonsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks watergeek.  I'll do what you suggested.  I think I've got a better chance on Linkedin considering his age and position.  Regards.

working