jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does Obama have a good chance of being re-elected? Why or why not?

1. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

Does Obama have a good chance of being re-elected?  Why or why not?

2. wkhigley profile image60
    wkhigleyposted 6 years ago

The democrats aren't going to be nearly as enthusiastic about him as they were before when he had a more rock-star-like status. A lot of them feel he didn't deliver on a number of promises and many, especially the 20 something moderates, are rather unhappy with some of his more totalitarian moves.  Those same policies will likely drive away a lot of the libertarians  that would have otherwise considered him to avoid the republicans' more totalitarian social policies.

That said, the republicans have gotten far more extreme and alienated many of the economically conservative crowd as well as the people that are only moderately conservative on social issues. If the republicans go with Romney, they'll have trouble building excitement among the evangelicals and people that would take issue with some of his less right wing stances. Newt obviously brings a lot of baggage with him and isn't well liked among many republicans. Santorum would likely excite the most extremist of the right wingers and evangelicals, but fail to motivate the more mainstream republicans and cause most moderates to end up voting for Obama.  While a lot of libertarians have sided with the republicans because of a dislike of Obama or because they were pleased to see Ron Paul and briefly Gary Johnson running on the Republican side, the extreme social stances are likely to drive away a good portion of them come election time.

It'll be an interesting race either way. I suspect Obama still has the upper hand though. Some of his worst policies simply aren't as well known as the various things that will drive voters away from the Republican candidates.

I had to cut a paragraph about my personal take on the candidates to fit within the maximum length, but to summarize it, I dislike all the candidates, Obama included. Santorum strikes me as the worst because of his extremely unethical positions and propositions that he tries to justify with religion.

3. profile image50
    joe scaliseposted 6 years ago

yes Obama will win but that is no bargain either. There isn't a REpublican since Eisenhower that I could vote for...They could find out that Obama killedJon Benet Ramsey and he could still beat and of the three that the repubs are offering.  I think that Ron Paul could win big but the Conservatives don;t want a common sense president.

4. profile image55
    kdawsonposted 6 years ago

I think he's pretty much got a lock considering the clown act the Republicans have become.

5. freemarketingnow profile image56
    freemarketingnowposted 6 years ago

No, he does not have a good chance of being re-elected because the economy is in shambles and a lot of people are not employed.

6. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 6 years ago

The REPUBLICANs are doing everything in their power to get Obama re-elected....

IF they are serious about having one of their number become POTUS, then they must advance a SERIOUS candidate.  So far, they have a bunch of idjits who have takent themselves to the sidelines.... and they still have (4) who-knows-whats in the running.

IF'n I were a Republican adherent, I'd be embarrassed that "we" weren't, really, doing anything to unseat the sitting President.....

working