jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Want To Hold A Press Conference But How Do I Get Journalists Agree To Attend?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 6 years ago

Want To Hold A Press Conference But How Do I Get Journalists Agree To Attend?

I believe I have real and pressing issues to hold the press conference so that my views can be relayed to the public through TVs and radios.

2. mystere profile image60
    mystereposted 6 years ago

The way to catch any attention is to send press releases and contact information to various media outlets.  If you have an agent, it sometimes catches the attention of media outlets.  If you lean towards being liberal and tend to bash Conservatives, the media will more likely be interested in your views, because liberals control the media.  If you are leaning towards being centrist to conservative, the media will sometimes pretend to show interest in you, then they will turn on you and viciously attack you.  Look at what the media did to Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Colonel Allen West, Christine O'Donnell and Sharon Angle to name a few.  Then look at how they give Barack Obama high praise for everything he does, including high gas prices.

3. Earth Angel profile image75
    Earth Angelposted 6 years ago

Blessings to you ngureco . . . Depends upon the situation . . . . If it's an announcement-kind of Press Conference that could be made any time over the next 10 days, you send a Press Release first . . . If someone is about to be harmed, you call the police and then the media . . .

Journalists and reporters do not usually agree or not agree to attend . . . They report on what ever is most pressing at that moment . . . If you decide to hold a Press Conference, and send out Press Releases, it is up to the individual Journalist/Reporter to look at everything that is going on at that moment and decide which is most important to cover . . .

On a slow news day you may get a ton of Journalists/Reporters . . . If a candidate just made a big gaffe, or a satellite blows up, or there's an earthquake, etc. you may not get anyone to attend . . .

Also, here in the U.S. Journalists and Reporters are somewhat different ~ Journalists research the facts and background check and it takes time . . . Reporters report what is going on that day at that time . . .

Hope some of that helps . . .

Blessings always, Earth Angel . . .

4. chander mehra profile image60
    chander mehraposted 6 years ago

Invite media persons for a cocktail party and offer exoyic gifts.

working