jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are your opinions on censorship?

1. FlowOfThought profile image62
    FlowOfThoughtposted 5 years ago

What are your opinions on censorship?

Good? bad? in moderation?

2. Man from Modesto profile image86
    Man from Modestoposted 5 years ago

I can establish without refute that [THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN CENSORED BY THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF CONTROL THROUGH CENSORSHIP].

3. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

Censorship in the United States, puts us on a slippery slope, to say the least. We are confronted with a lot of hateful speech almost minute by minute.  However, we hold dear the freedom of speech this country gives us. Over the last week though, several newspapers enforced censorship by not showing Doonesbury political satire cartoons on abortions. In that particular case, a business enterprise exercised their own form of censorship.  While I may personally despise some of the hateful comments, speeches, written words, etc., by fringe element zealots, I do have the wherewithal to ignore them or counter with my own opinion pieces. Freedom of speech is what makes us unique.

4. profile image0
    Gusserposted 5 years ago

It is used by those in power to limit debates that they can't win. The "main" press is liberal controlled. They slant everything into their political bent. Hubpages is liberal controlled. Ditto.  Limbaugh & Hannity are quasi conservatives, (republiCRATS), they slant everything to their political bent. The Internet is vastly controlled by moderators with a left bias, ditto. Life isn't fair, and was never meant to be fair.

5. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

I think censorship !@#%^$^%$!@^%$#@^!!!!!!!!

Self censorship is to avoid getting in trouble with your boss, spouse, etc. Self-censorship.
    It's a dirty secret

Google self censorship in China is distasteful to say the least.

6. ackman1465 profile image59
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

If I had control over this Web site, I'd never let you post this question......

7. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 5 years ago

I think it's something we have to keep a keen eye on. It's easy to get into a slippery slope situation where gradually more and more in censored to the point where  the people have little or no say in their own country.

working