jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are the NEGATIVE aspects of Re-electing President Obama?

1. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 5 years ago

What are the NEGATIVE aspects of Re-electing President Obama?

Just the Negatives Please, I would like to know what people think the negative aspects would be to the economy and country if we re-elect President Obama?

2. MG Singh profile image42
    MG Singhposted 5 years ago

Frankly I don't see any negative aspects of re-electing Obama, so I can't add anything to your question.

3. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

In one area, we would see continued incompetence in foreign policy making and execution and more expansion of the imperial presidency, resulting in additional  erosion of relations with allies, higher oil prices, and a consequently worse economy, leading to fewer jobs and lower tax revenues, swelling debt, raising inflation. In another, the executive branch would continue to grow more independent, unaccountable and arbitrary in its application of law and its seizure of illegitimate authority, the regulatory state would become even more monstrous than it already is, federal policing in the name of national security would widen and deepen, domestic industry would be subjected to ideologically driven restrictions that would force more of it to close in America and move overseas to friendlier jurisdictions, and this term's massive payoffs to political supporters of the Obama machine would be dwarfed by an orgy of graft in a second term. It would be Chicago politics writ large.

4. ntmarketing profile image60
    ntmarketingposted 5 years ago

I feel that you will see the stock markets begin to have a downward trend because many investors with team the re-election to have a negative economic effect on the middle to upper classes due to higher tax rates.  So with the higher tax rates we will also see unemployment begin to rise again because if you tax the business owners they are definitely not going to hire.

5. veritorogue profile image59
    veritorogueposted 5 years ago

President Obama does not respect individual Liberty and the constitution to the degree that I expect of my president. In his second term I would expect him to further erode our freedoms and enact policies with the intention of controlling people rather than freeing them to pursue happiness as they see fit.

His green crony-capitalism elevates ideology above practicality as did Mao's cultural revolution. Obama's energy and economic policies lower our standard of living and abuse the productive middle class. He is competing with Europe and China to see who can shaft their productive citizens the most.

Obama is likely to attack the second amemdment in his next term and I believe that he is inclined to support the attacks on free speech that are currently under way in the interest of "civility."

President Obama and his ideological friends are extreme hypocrites deriding wealth while acquiring great fortunes. They slam capitalism while giving our money to their scoundrel friends who could not succeed in the free market.

I cannot make a case for any other candidate but I have come to the conclusion that Barack Obama is among the worst presidents ever.  He is an academic intellectual ala Woodrow Wilson who is trying out all of the theories he developed in college on the American people.

6. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

Timothy Franz Geithner and the other globalists on the Free Trade Commision. That should be enough right there. It is unfortunate that he is in their gang. I like him.