jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Did you go and get Petrol after hearing the news about Petrol shortages?

1. Homez78 profile image57
    Homez78posted 5 years ago

Did you go and get Petrol after hearing the news about Petrol shortages?

After hearing the governments comments regarding the petrol shortages, and that you should get some jerry cans filled up, did this make you part of the "Fuel Panic Buying"

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 5 years ago

I dont think it is a good idea to fill your house up with petrol since it is so flammable although my car is diesel so I dont see why I shouldnt store it. I got a couple of 25 litre cans I could use.

Of couse being a taxi driver my living depends on me having fuel.

3. old albion profile image73
    old albionposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. The decision has not yet been made to strike - the army is due to move in to keep supplies available - panic buying only makes things worse there are already shortages, garages are running out of fuel - the garage in my area is one of them.

4. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

Ironically I went to fill up my car yesterday, because it actually was low on petrol, and I remember thinking ' Why is it so busy?' I hadn't been keeping up with the news, so I was totally in the dark. Once I got home and spoke to my mom, she filled me in on what had been happening. I'm pretty confident that things will be fine, even if there is a strike, as old albion says the army will move in and keep everywhere supplied.

5. ntmarketing profile image61
    ntmarketingposted 5 years ago

The fuel shortages are all based on speculation just like the price is severely artificial.  The only shortages are if a country has done some bad trading and some areas don't get shipments as often as they used too.