jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think about the Trayvon Martin shooting/case?????

1. yols-a profile image59
    yols-aposted 5 years ago

What do you think about the Trayvon Martin shooting/case?????

2. maxoxam41 profile image75
    maxoxam41posted 5 years ago

An adult killing a kid. It is simple. He is guilty. Justice for Trayvon Martin!

1. jandee profile image57
      jandeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

3. mrshadyside1 profile image76
    mrshadyside1posted 5 years ago

I think it is a tragic situation that has totally been perverted and used by many as a means of politics.If his death ever finds true justice now it would be a miracle.Like wise the meddling of the public and public officials and their broadcast statements are a violation of the man who shot him as well as every other American's civil liberties. Any true finality in the case is now lost.The use of this young man's death by certain groups and officials to forward political agendas is just absolutely shameful and disrespectful.None-the-less to undermine due process is just as harmful and disrespectful.We as a people should not be so easily divisible,sadly tragedies like this one happen very often to every color and ethnic background.We have become all too easy to become"stirred up"by issues that blind us all to the underlying reasons these things happen.It is big business to create issues that become situations and create fear and prejudice which in turn divert the public eye from corruption at the highest levels.Being a father of four young men I cannot even fathom the loss,it is unimaginable,but I'm sure that young man would not want His loss to become an issue that more evil and intolerance arose from.Prejudice,profiling,stereo typing,hate,and violence should not be forced upon this young man's memory As a society we should be repairing  and strengthening the Nation and World so our children do not have to endure these terrors and becoming divided and pointing fingers will not accomplish this.My heart goes out to the family of this young man,I am ,as we all should be,ashamed that his death and many others could have been averted by more attention being given and education of the basic fundamentals of a people that are as one.Nothing that happens to one is without impact to the many.

4. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 5 years ago

I think it's really sad a paranoid man stalked a kid who he found "suspicious," instead of following the advice of the 9/11 dispatcher and letting the police handle the situation. 

I don't think Zimmerman was out to kill Martin in cold blood, but it was he who initiated the contact to begin with, and then whatever happened next to lead to the shooting is just tragic.

5. Eric L. Andrews profile image55
    Eric L. Andrewsposted 5 years ago

It is a sad situation which is being exploited by certain leaders in the black community.  Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton show up only when they think it will benefit them with publicity.  I live in Jackson's home state of Illinois and black men are dying in droves on the streets of Chicago right now.  He does nothing.  Forty-nine people were shot in Chicago two weekends ago.  Most were black.  Eleven more suffered gunshot wounds last Thursday evening, including a group of six black men with NBA star Dwayne Wade's nephew in their midst.  I feel for the Martin and Zimmerman families.  We all need to take a deep breath, step back from the story for a minute and let all of the facts get out there.  They will.  The supposed black leaders want to keep their flock down and angry.  Otherwise, they won't be elected or receive money.  It's all about the power and the green.