jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is a hispanic, woman, atheist, or homosexual ever going to get elected as presid

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Is a hispanic, woman, atheist, or homosexual ever going to get elected as president?

Now that we have had our first black president do you think our country will be more open to electing other minorities? Are there any groups of people you would not vote for even if they had great policies?

2. AEvans profile image81
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

I am sure many of us will be around to see who will be our next President for years to come. It is not if they are White, Hispanic, Black, Atheist, Christian, LGBT or straight. It is what they can do for our Country not what they do in the bedroom, race or beliefs.

3. Eugene Hardy profile image61
    Eugene Hardyposted 5 years ago

I'd like to believe so.

First, a president should be elected on the person having good domestic and foreign policies.  What would prevent it happening based on sexuality or spiritual belief is our culture.  Our culture is currently too immature and probably isn't truly free if you have to be straight and have religion.

I'd like to think it's a question of when.

4. TheLifeExperiment profile image60
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

Out of those minorities, the only one that probably has even a chance of being elected is a woman, but its still slim. Its very sad, but a lot of people in the US are homophobic, racist, and value religion very highly.

5. profile image0
    Hubert Williamsposted 5 years ago

Anything is possible. We elected a teleprompter in 2008.

6. SEXYLADYDEE profile image70
    SEXYLADYDEEposted 5 years ago

Hoping for a woman next go around. But we are such a nation filled with so much prejudice anyone else will take some time. I hate hearing " I never thought a black man" would be elected in my lifetime. I understand but it also negates an intelligent man; a well spoken man; a dignified man; a man with morals and so on and so on. I pray to see an educated, well spoken, sincere and knowledgeable woman elected and then a Hispanic and so on and so on. One can hope (-;