jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which issue presents the greater threat to the future and security of the United

1. Clive Donegal profile image76
    Clive Donegalposted 5 years ago

Which issue presents the greater threat to the future and security of the United States?

1. Hilary Rosen’s remark that Ann Romney might not be an economics expert because she has never held a [paying] job, or

2. that a Secret Service agent on the president’s advance team spent the night with a prostitute?

2. rlaframboise profile image60
    rlaframboiseposted 5 years ago

Obviously number 2, what security threat does Hilary Rosen's ignorant, biting remarks towards women who raise their own children pose?

Many will argue, and I as a libertarian understand, that even number 1 poses no security threat because who cares if a secret service agent bangs a prostitute?

I however think it poses a serious security threat insofar as that agent becomes highly sensitive to blackmail, particularly if he is married and his lack of moral judgment can put the president, whom I despise but respect, at risk.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Number 1 had no relevance. As for number 2, presidents and White House staffers sleep with prostitutes all the time.

4. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 5 years ago

neither one. people sex. that what they do and if you lucky to have a husband who earn enough money so you don;t have to work, it's a great thing. but is the Glass Steagall in never reinstated, this country will never recover. investment bankers have to go back use there money to make money, not commercial papers to make money,

5. swordsbane profile image59
    swordsbaneposted 5 years ago

Neither.  Seriously?  Stupid remarks by Hilary?  Secret Service banging a prostitute?  Unless the SS guy was doing it when he was on duty, these have nothing whatsoever to do with the security of the United States.  And if he was, fire him... End of threat.