jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

"New home sales fall a SURPRISING 3.6 percent": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image28
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

Whether this is surprising or not, this should be another slap in the face for CHINA, the country that insists that the financial crisis is now over.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Surprising? Deary me. How many million foreclosures on the books? And new home sales fall? Shock horror!

1. TimTurner profile image70
        TimTurnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's surprising because I believe it rose last month.

1. ledefensetech profile image70
          ledefensetechposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That was because of the $8,000 dollar tax credit to people who bought a home.  Once that went away, gee look, demand fell.  There was no real recovery.

2. ledefensetech profile image70
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

There's nothing surprising about it.  Once the stimulus money is gone, the economy slumps again.  Looks like all that stimulus money has been wasted because there is no real recovery.  Oops.

3. Flightkeeper profile image72
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Why would the media call it surprising.  They're in the news business, they know unemployment is high, they know that businesses are closing, they know that with all the sales that profits are down.  Do they think people are too stupid to see the manipulation?  If the media was any further up Obama's ass he doesn't have to worry about calling them to show up for a press briefing.

4. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 7 years ago

We're looking for a good cave to purchase.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image79
      Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Here you go, habee...a cool 2 million gets you this one in AZ:
      http://thecavehouse.com/ wink

5. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Thanks, Jeffrey. I was thinking of one in the Southeast. There's a big one in Tennessee with a huge underground lake full of blind trout. They'd probably be pretty easy to catch.

Oh, and by the way, will you loan me the $2 mil? lol

6. wsp2469 profile image61
    wsp2469posted 7 years ago

The truth of the matter is that homes have always been too expensive.  Considering that any idiot who can pass a simple test after taking a class can SELL you an over-priced house this shouldn't be surprising.
    Personally, I don't think you should be able to make a lot of money selling ANYthing that is essential to sustaining life.  I don't care if this IS America.  there should be more laws and regulations regarding the sale of food, shelter and water.
    Now that the dumbasses who tried to make a profit on selling homes (instead of just buying one to live in)have gotten into trouble and all the people who really should not have been given mortgages in the first place have gone under people are getting smarter during these hard times.

7. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Hey, Jeffro - I just fanned you and discovered you're from the Southeast, also! Why for you tryeth to selleth me cave in West??

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image79
      Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm, I didn't know about the one in TN.  Now where is that number for my stinkin' broker? mad lol

Thanks for fanning me!

8. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Well, at least I know I did not contribute to new home sales.  Got a new home in the works, all right, but I'm building it on bare land, by hand, single handed.  Don't think that'll help those government numbers  one bit.

working