jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why do Americans live in fear? Is it the fault of the mass media, or our own gul

1. roycechavez profile image60
    roycechavezposted 5 years ago

Why do Americans live in fear? Is it the fault of the mass media, or our own gullibility?

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

A mixture of both. Everytime someone justifys their fear they say things like "times are different" or "not the way things are today". When in reality everything is a lot the same as it was years ago we just have more media to tell us about it. This causes people to lock themselves in their homes, hover over their children until their teens, and live a life of constant worry. It's quite sad how many people don't even think they are living in fear but are. Fear of child being kidnapped, bombs, attacks on our country, financial collapse, and so on. While it is all possible and not a bad thing to prepare for, it certainly isn't worth constant fear.

3. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Do we? I didn't know that.

Maybe those dependent on the status quo are fearful as it totters more wildly. I don't know that the rest of us are. Not in my own circles, at any rate.

1. roycechavez profile image60
      roycechavezposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I guess it also depends on where you live, and the people around you.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Assuming what you say is true, it's a combination of both. Americans have become so "dumbed down" that they will believe anything they hear and see on TV.

working