jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think?

1. cianeko profile image87
    cianekoposted 5 years ago

What do you think?

A message I had heard which I had agreed with: You know, often I've been wondering why the hell are we slogging our guts out,just to do extremely well in school, just to get a high flying career, just to be rich and famous. But we simply fail at love?

2. Sethughes profile image93
    Sethughesposted 5 years ago

People dont follow their heart enough. If you do something for to get rich, you are a mercenary. If you do something because you are passionate about it, you are following your heart. We need to have the kind of courage that forces us to follow what we love. Money wont get you there. The world would be a better place if we all lived the way we were moved to live.

3. profile image0
    screamingposted 5 years ago

Because so many people put money above love and an enjoyable life. So many want "Stuff" and "Keeping up with the Jones", rather then enjoying life. Money isn't everything.

1. cianeko profile image87
      cianekoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I really agree with you. It's really sad to imagine a person being adored by many at the height of their career but go home at night all alone- no warmth to feel from a beloved and nobody's there to share with their laughter and griefs.

4. SportsBetter profile image77
    SportsBetterposted 5 years ago

I think peoples values have changed.  Woman have more of a say in their own lives.  Woman have jobs and are able to provide for themselves and our school system has broken up family values. 

The school system keeps kids away from their parents and instill their values. 

Most people didn't have sex before they were married and I think that has something to do with it as well.