How do you think the Supreme Court decision on health care will affect your fami

1. Deborah-Diane profile image79
    Deborah-Dianeposted 5 years ago

How do you think the Supreme Court decision on health care will affect your family?

I have health insurance, but my children have had a hard time finding affordable health insurance.  I think it could make their lives much easier.  What about your family?

2. Volitans profile image82
    Volitansposted 5 years ago

If the subsidies and exchanges took effect today, it would have a major positive impact on my family. Right now, about 25% of my gross income goes into my health insurance. I have no major medical problems, have never been hospitalized, and do not engage in any risky activities; my employer's insurance plan is just that expensive.

Under the new law, my premiums will be adjusted down to a maximum of 9.8% of my income.

I'm not completely happy with the law - personally I don't think it goes far enough towards where I believe we need to be - but it will definitely have a positive impact.

1. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

finally, comments from people who actually know what's in the bill! I completely agree with you by the way and anticipate similar benefits becoming open to me.  I am self-employed with a preexisting condition - I can't get coverage now I can afford.

working