jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Are you a philosophical or a practical person?

1. rajan jolly profile image90
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

Are you a philosophical or a practical person?

2. zsobig profile image84
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

I am a much more practical person, but without philosophy, some daydreaming and hopes and wishes in general we all would be much more 'less'. In my opinion you have to embrace both of these qualities to become a good and reliable person.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image77
    C.V.Rajanposted 5 years ago

I am a practically philosophical person!

4. yoginijoy profile image74
    yoginijoyposted 5 years ago

-I am 50/50! I am efficient in accomplishing goals-that's the practical side. However, my mind likes to think, query and hypothesize "what if?"--perhaps it is more my imagination but it helps me enjoy life!

5. Keith Engel profile image77
    Keith Engelposted 5 years ago

It is impossible to separate the two, as one leads into the other and vice versa. Everybody needs and has a philosophy, whether or not that philosophy leads to practicality or impracticality is another matter.

6. Bob Zermop profile image87
    Bob Zermopposted 5 years ago

I don't see no reason why you can't be both! big_smile

7. profile image0
    johnnymnemonicposted 5 years ago

A philosophical person for sure, enhanced with the 'quirky' nature of the Cancer sign. Such a person can be hardly practical in daily chores, but slight improvements aren't beyond reach. smile The best physical outfit for this independent spirit was the Early Modern Age bourgeois who spent most of his time for charity work; meetings with nobles; extravagant, crowded dinners and secret love affairs. It was in peace with its environment, unlike the demanding, competitive, time-based + real-time structure of the modern business world. The fantasy lives of nobles and bourgeois, artists and knights turned into a very linear, predictable and boring set of weekly chores, leaving the modern individual in a constant search for spiritual fulfillment. Contagious illnesses have decreased for sure, but mental illnesses augmented worldwide. Nature kept the balance in evolving ways. High values such as love, loyalty and chivalry have decreased in value, with quicker and more standardized routines replacing the old ones. All of this is to say that the modern individual, though provided with lots of fancy toys of superiority, is not quite the happiest one on the timeline of our known history.

8. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Well philosophical people are practical because they use their brains to solve everyday problems. Philosophy is the root of any new idea, which leads to probable solutions.

working