jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When it comes to murder, does it really matter what color they are?

1. MamaBambie profile image60
    MamaBambieposted 5 years ago

When it comes to murder, does it really matter what color they are?

I personally believe that choosing a punishment based on color is very wrong.  Each persons life is equally as important as the next persons.  It doesn't matter what color you skin is, a lot of people get hurt when their family or friends get murdered by another person.  They do not deserve to be shorted just because their skin is not a particular color.  Everybody deserves the same justice.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I totally agree with you!! We all bleed red. Murder is murder. I don't care if it's a homeless person on the street or the President. Everyone's life is precious to them.

3. Michele Travis profile image70
    Michele Travisposted 5 years ago

I agree, it does not matter what the color of a person's skin is.  But it matter's to the judges.  At least I think it does.  Most of the men in jail are black.  Why?  There is too much racism in this country.  It is horrible, but true.  Just look up the statistics.  The police, the judges will deny they are racist.  Do you think they are lying?  I do.

4. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

I'm not really sure where this is coming from, to be honest.  Most people in prison in the US are there for petty crimes like marijuana, not for murder. 

While I agree that a lot of people in prison for murder are innocent, I think the vast majority are there because they did the crimes. 

I don't think, if proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in court, that race has anything to do with the outcome at all.

working