Do you think Mitt Romney's aide Gorka was wrong for telling the reporter to "sho

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Traci21 profile image60
    Traci21posted 11 years ago

Do you think Mitt Romney's aide Gorka was wrong for telling the reporter to "shove it"?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Yes, Very wrong. Romney put his own foot in his mouth enough. Now his Aide's are doing it as well. Way to go Team Romney.

3. Cassie Smith profile image61
    Cassie Smithposted 11 years ago

Romney or Gorka don't owe reporters a thing.  They should tell the reporters to "shove it" more often.

4. Attikos profile image82
    Attikosposted 11 years ago

Oh, yes, he was absolutely wrong. Those newsmen try very, very hard not to play a favorite, to be civil themselves, never to bend facts or report selectively, to eschew  "gotcha" hatchet jobs, faithfully to practice journalistic ethics, to do their jobs with all due respect, honor and truth. How could Gorka have been so ungracious to such fine human beings? The nerve of the man!

1. pagesvoice profile image72
      pagesvoiceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Where is the journalistic utopia you desire? Seriously, you can't mean wire tapping Rupert Murdock can you? All kidding aside, what news source do you believe in? I really am serious.

2. Attikos profile image82
      Attikosposted 11 years agoin reply to this

None. And I'm serious in that. For political reports, I often start with RealClearPolitics and OpenSecrets, both of which are better balanced than any of the mainstream news sources, neither of which can be described as partisan.

5. junkseller profile image79
    junksellerposted 11 years ago

The better part was the "Kiss my [butt]. This is a holy site for the Polish people. Show some respect."

What wonderful irony there is in demanding respect by asking someone to kiss a derriere. It is a bad sign for Romney that he has done so poorly outside of the protective bubble of the American right. It is embarrassing being an American these days. It would be bad enough if it happened in Smalltown America, but as part of a foreign tour at such a solemn event shows an astounding lack of class. Unfortunately it isn't at all surprising.

6. daskittlez69 profile image76
    daskittlez69posted 11 years ago

It just shows how much class you have to have to be a Presidential nominee these days.  It is bad enough that these guys make us look bad in front of out own people.  But to make us look like jackasses in front of the rest of the world as well. lol

7. pagesvoice profile image72
    pagesvoiceposted 11 years ago

Romney's aide was out of line in his verbal assault on the press who were just trying to ask an assumed presidential candidate about his missteps. For crying out loud, Mitt was visiting 3 countries in a rigid attempt to appear presidential and during his entire visit he only answered 3 questions. The man is shrouded in a dark cloud of secrecy and refuses to ever answer any "yes" or "no" questions. Does anyone really know what this former Bishop in the Mormon Church actually stands for? I think his handlers are most likely getting frustrated dodging Thurston Howell's elitist, entitlement attitude of "You people know all you need to know."

Okay, now that I've given my opinion on the question at hand I fully expect the "down arrows" to begin. At least I answered a question and that is certainly more than what Romney has shown he is capable of.

1. pagesvoice profile image72

Not to disappoint, there is the 1st down arrow without a reason why. I'm reminded of "A Few Good Men" when Nicholson said, "The truth...you can't handle the truth!"

2. Attikos profile image82

The second one, which you'll see in a few seconds, is just because every post you put up complains about down arrows. Since you think they're so important, who am I to deny you another? Here ya go ...

3. pagesvoice profile image72

Well there Attikos I am glad you didn't disappoint. Mitt Romney is as sneaky as they come. Then there's Ann who made it clear, "They haven't decided on a VP." Since when did the wives pick the VP? Both were born with a silver bridle in the mouths.

4. Attikos profile image82

You're welcome, PagesVoice. Glad to lend a hand.

8. manningnd profile image58
    manningndposted 11 years ago

Follow up question. How many of you have had reporters dog you in this fashion? You know that anxious feeling you get when someone quietly looks over your shoulder while you work and you just want to elbow them in the gut. Imagine 50 of these annoying people shouting in your ear about everything you have said and done in your lifetime.

These days if you want to know how a candidate feels about something check his facebook page. He gives the same answer on there or other social media as he does to the press. What is the point of these people standing around shouting questions they know he is not going to bother to answer on the spot?

Is it nice to tell someone doing there job to shove it, no. Are the reporters acting more like paparazzi than respectable journalists, yes. And to paparazzi I say with all due respect, shove it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)