jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where were you when the world stopped turning?

1. petenali profile image85
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

Where were you when the world stopped turning?

Country artist Alan Jackson posed this question in a song written following the attacks on the World Trade center 11 years ago. 
    Where were you when you first heard about the attack?  I was driving to work when they played a phone call from one of the towers on the radio.  Up until then I was unaware.  I got to work and they already had the TV going and I watched it all unfold live. 
    How about you?

2. profile image0
    AaronHubb89posted 5 years ago

I was 11 years old and had just got up out of bed to find my parents staring at the tv. Mom told me to come sit and watch. I had no idea what the world trade centers were, but I remember thinking in my adolescent mind that America was about to be taken over. It was frightening to me then but to this day, in my full understanding, I'm infuriated that such an act could ever take place and I am saddened for all the families of every employee, firefighter, and everyday person caught in the crossfire of the entire situation.

3. arrtd2 profile image61
    arrtd2posted 5 years ago

I was getting ready to go to work and we saw it on TV.

I remember my aunt would have been in Tower 2 but for a nail appointment that made her late to work that morning.

I remember even out in Queens we could smell a kind of electrical/rubber burning smell for days.

My prayers are always with the victims and survivors and heroes, not only on 9/11, but our military heroes who have courageously defended our country.

Thank you for this question, it is so important to remember! Never forget!

4. Melindas Mind profile image70
    Melindas Mindposted 5 years ago

I was on the MAX (light rail) taking my daughter to preschool. A lady on the max told me what happened - she worked at the courthouse downtown and they'd sent everyone home for their safety. I got off the MAX I was on, and turned returned hom.

working