jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Are you undecided which presidential candidate to vote for? Not sure where they

1. ShootersCenter profile image72
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

Are you undecided which presidential candidate to vote for? Not sure where they stand on issues?

Try using a site called isidewith.com. They aren't with any political party, you answer about 20-30 questions on the main topics and they match you with the candidate that agrees the most with your views. You'll probably be surprised at whom you do agree with. 2 of my top 3 was people I didn't even know was running. My wife was surprised to find the candidate she was going to vote for only agreed with her social issues nothing else.

2. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 5 years ago

Is anybody sure where Mr. Romney stands on the issues?--other than against Mr. Obama, of course.

We don't know how he plans to balance the budget while increasing both tax breaks and military spending.

We don't know how he plans to keep the 'good parts' of so-called Obamacare while ditching the mandate without also driving insurance companies into bankruptcy--they had been counting on an increased customer base to offset the costs of covering the sickest among us.

We don't know where he thinks the upper bounds of the middle class lie--important in parsing his proposed tax changes.  Is it $100,000?  $200,000?  $250,000?  The latter seems weird, given that only a a couple of percent of households make that much, but that's what he seemed to say to George Stephanopoulos on national TV:

"GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Is $100,000 middle income?
    MITT ROMNEY: No, middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less.  So number one, don’t reduce– or excuse me, don’t raise taxes on middle-income people, lower them."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 … tt-romney/

And now we don't know if he really thinks that 47% of the country don't pay taxes, depend upon government, and define themselves as victims:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home3/5491 … e.html.csp

We do know that he now thinks climate change is a joke, although:

"During his first 18 months as governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney spent considerable time hammering out a sweeping climate change plan to reduce the state’s greenhouse gas emissions."  (LA Times)

Who is the real Mitt Romney?

3. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

I am definitely not undecided regarding the presidential election. I took the survey you mentioned and thankfully it reaffirmed my affiliation to the person I will vote for. Actually, I think if more people took the survey above, it may force them to take a more honest look at their beliefs and who really represents them.

1. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I got Jill Stein!

4. Prakash Dighe profile image83
    Prakash Digheposted 5 years ago

Like pagesvoice, I'm not undecided, and my responses to the survey confirmed my choice of the person I'll be voting for. Thanks for suggesting the survey site - very informative (about myself!), and even I did not know 2 of the 3 top candidates I'm supposed to be with! I'd encourage all to take the survey. And I'm concur with Doc Snow on his views.

5. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 5 years ago

I'm undecided on whether I am going to vote at all.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

Politifact.org is another good site for non-partisan fact checking. It takes statements made by each party, whether in speeches or ads, and assigns it a level of truth. There is also a section of the site that followed campaign promises to see if a politician is keeping up with what they said they would do as a candidate.