jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What would it take for the presidential candidate you do not support to earn you

1. arizonataylor profile image81
    arizonataylorposted 5 years ago

What would it take for the presidential candidate you do not support to earn your vote?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 5 years ago

There is nothing the other candidate could do to get me to vote for him.  I've already figured him out.

3. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

It is time for our nation to ensure we have a new President in our Oval Office this next election. Therefore, I would conclude it is impossible for him to earn my vote.

4. darkland profile image60
    darklandposted 5 years ago

Show me that he will obey the will of the people and protect the constitution of the United States of America.  That's his job.  I won't vote for anyone who supports any kind of tax hike.  The amount of money the federal government spends is ridiculous and it is involved in a tremendous amount of things it shouldn't be, and managing them poorly.  We pay far more than income tax than we know. If we had that money we could take care of everything that needs to be done.  Also, I think we don't need health care we just need lower costs. The medical profession needs to lower it's prices, simple as that.

5. MilesArmbruster profile image60
    MilesArmbrusterposted 5 years ago

He would have to convince me that he held the following commitments:
    1) To uphold the Constitution over his own political self interest.
    2) To help the middle class, that is, the people who pay their taxes.
    3) To stop listening to special interests over the real needs of the country.
    4) To promote legislation that pursues long term solutions rather than short term political gains.
    5) To read a little history and learn about our country from the great leaders of the past so that they understand something other than making nasty and pointless commercials.
    I guess I could sum it up like this - I will vote for someone who I respect more than I fear.
    Tragically, there is NOBODY on the horizon with any of these attributes.

1. darkland profile image60
      darklandposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely right, even the cynical ending, well put thanks Miles

6. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

A miracle or maybe a lobotomy.   I'm fairly stubborn and exacting.  I make up my mind on serious issues and I don't bend

7. oldhorse profile image66
    oldhorseposted 5 years ago

Admit that the health care program he proposed for Massachusetts is good for all of the U.S., and that Obama has done a good job in the last four years, given the circumstances he was dealt.  Well, I still wouldn't vote for him, but at least I could accept him as President, if he did those things. At present, I think Romney has no honor and no scruples.

1. darkland profile image60
      darklandposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've recently heard about a movie called "Obama's 2016 America".  You should watch it and see what you think.  It doesn't bash him at all but everything he's done will come into perspctive