Does Mitt Romney's lack of initial clarity bother you?

1. adjkp25 profile image92
    adjkp25posted 5 years ago

Does Mitt Romney's lack of initial clarity bother you?

It seems like the Governor has a difficult time saying what he really means the first time he comments on something.  Does it bother you that he has such a tough time being able to make a comment, without having to later clarify or articulate it further?

2. bworthington profile image60
    bworthingtonposted 5 years ago

No, it doesn't bother me.  I didn't expect much from Williard to begin with.

The truth is, the way Romney was speaking in front of other rich people is how he actually thinks.  It wasn't a slip of the tongue.  The entire video was released.  Nowhere in the video do we have any evidence that Romney's words are being taken out of context.

It's almost as if Romney has taken the brush the President's campaign has been seeking to paint him with and painted himself.

What DOES bother me is that 50+ days out from the election, we still have no clarity on Willard's policies.  We know he wants to lower taxes - especially on the wealthy-, increase military spending AND maintain Medicare/SSI (or totally reform them and place more of the burden on the elderly- not sure what his position is on these programs).  We know he claims he can lower the deficit and pay down the debt. 

But we don't know HOW he plans to accomplish these things. 

The fact that he had a rare moment of candor and it turns out he is the schmuck a majority of us suspectd him to be doesn't bother me.  The fact that he wants us to believe his policies will help those he doesn't even care about DOES.

1. adjkp25 profile image92
      adjkp25posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I didn't expect much either but he has been running for president for +/- 10 years so I expected a little bit more polish.  The lack of substance does bother me as well.