jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Political parties pit weak minded individuals against one another. Agree or dis

1. hockey8mn profile image76
    hockey8mnposted 5 years ago

Political parties pit weak minded individuals against one another.  Agree or disagree?

2. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

I don't understand why anyone would call either Obama or Romney weak minded. Neither is.

1. bankscottage profile image96
      bankscottageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

To stimulate discussion, I think hockey8mn means the people who are members of a political party, not the people who lead them.  The implication is that independents think for themselves, democrats or republicans follow the party line.

2. hockey8mn profile image76
      hockey8mnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is what I mean bankscottage.

3. Ellieface profile image44
    Elliefaceposted 5 years ago

I think the idea of belonging to either of the major political parties in America (or anywhere) could definitely pit people against one another (but I'm not sure if it always does.) Both sides feel what they are doing and how they believe is "correct" and "right." Really, I feel this only becomes problematic when the people on either side of the political spectrum aren't willing to listen to the other sides point of view. I do (personally) feel that political parties can be a good way of keeping people to work against each other instead of with each other. This is a shame, because here in America we really need to be working with each other towards the common goal of fixing this country.

working