jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you know of someone who has benefited from a charitable donation?

1. BSloan profile image75
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

Do you know of someone who has benefited from a charitable donation?

Every year millions of people all over the world donate money to charitable organizations.  Do you know someone personally who has benefited from donations?

2. Kimberly Vaughn profile image84
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 5 years ago

Yes! I actually just completed a hub today about Gifts that Benefit the American Red Cross. I volunteer with them in Disaster Services. Everytime I work I see families affected by disaster and the donations that help them make it through.
    Here is my hub link if you are interested:
    http://kimberlyvaughn.hubpages.com/hub/ … -Red-Cross

3. Trish303 profile image74
    Trish303posted 5 years ago

Yes my self and family, and most of my friends, have at some point in time or another.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes.  Years ago when my husband was a seminary student.  Various churches would adopt sem. students to help them out and send gifts of money or things for the kids.  This happened to us several times over the 4 years we were there. It was a very kind and nice thing for congregations to do.

5. baygirl33 profile image60
    baygirl33posted 5 years ago

Yes! For my church,some years ago,my husband and I used to visit single mothers and others who were struggling and provide them with vouchers to buy food.
    Also my daughter runs a not for profit place in Kitchener Ontario.When I give to this organization,I know that the people that are in need get all the money.It is run mostly by volunteers and inspected by the government.