jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are forum threads getting redundant?

1. JBrumett profile image61
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

Are forum threads getting redundant?

The two most debated subjects of all time on the internet.  Politics and Religion.  I see them on every forum, on all web sites.  Is that REALLY the only two things people care about logging in to do on the internet?

2. kathleenkat profile image79
    kathleenkatposted 5 years ago

Maybe it's not the only thing they care about, but I would guess they are so widely discussed because these are two of the most important, personal topics for people. That is, its easy for someone to get mad or heated up when they see something that basically says "what you believe is wrong."

If someone posted a topic about how coffee is disgusting, though I like coffee, I probably wouldn't bother chiming in.

3. tussin profile image57
    tussinposted 5 years ago

It's not just forums, it's every news source too.  Nobody writes anything non-election related around this time.  I'm convinced that politics is an alternative religion for some people.  You try to explain rationally why it makes no significant difference who wins the election, and they get all rabid trying to prove how one candidate will produce a utopia and the other will send us to the dark ages. Sometimes it's like listening to creationists defend the biblical account of Earth's formation.

4. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 5 years ago

I agree they are depressing. I just posted a hub about the health benefits of smiling and another on 10 ways to make someones day.  There more to life than bitterness and people "YELLING" at each other.  Man I hate those capital letters!  At least here we should all get along even if we don't agree.  Unfortunately, there are those who just argue for the thrill of it to get others riled up.  Boy they must have a sad life.

1. kathleenkat profile image79
      kathleenkatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I call them the "Forum police." AKA, people who give you shit because they think your opinion is wrong, and think they can change your mind for some reason. They are harder to spot now that post counts are hidden. Usually thousands of posts by them..