jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

I might have misheard Romney, so I’d like some opinions.

1. aykianink profile image60
    aykianinkposted 5 years ago

I might have misheard Romney, so I’d like some opinions.

Romney mentioned at one point that he plans on making it so that annuities or investments or something (don't quite remember) will no longer be taxed.  Is that true?  If Romney is elected, we can have the Roth IRA effect but for all our investments?  Is this something that he often says and is it in writing or was it just something mentioned?

2. ketchingup profile image61
    ketchingupposted 5 years ago

He said that interest and investment earnings will not be taxable if your income is below I think he said $250k.

The implication of this is that all his income is investment income.  So the challenge is how he will write the bill so that his income is totally tax free because he's not going to leave himself out of this.

1. aykianink profile image60
      aykianinkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I remember the under $250K part.  Which SEEMS to be for everyone other than him, though you have a point, if he were to become president, he could easily write himself into that.

3. AJReissig profile image75
    AJReissigposted 5 years ago

He said it several times and its on his website. And yes, it is only for the under 250k income earners. As much as ththe Romney haters want to make him out to be a robber Barron, this is not the case. Of course, the robber Barron narrative doesn't jive with the amount of money he gives away to charity.....but why let facts get in the way of a good story?

1. tsadjatko profile image60
      tsadjatkoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Some people really don't know what facts are, or just don't care - not the kind of people honest people would invite to dinner.

2. aykianink profile image60
      aykianinkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

See, I wanted to ask solely about the policy, but I'll ask you something else:  Do you feel you can trust Romney?

3. AJReissig profile image75
      AJReissigposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I trust no politician. Having said that, I think he realizes how good this policy would be for the economy.

working