jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Anarchy vs Mob Rule

1. TeaPartyCrasher profile image73
    TeaPartyCrasherposted 5 years ago

Anarchy vs Mob Rule

This is something that a post to Facebook inspired--sorta. 

It seems to me that people don't quite know the difference between anarchy and mob rule.  To me they are different, perhaps I see it that way because there are many self-described anarchists in "Occupy".

But it seems to me that while Anarchy is a society without rulers, where decisons are made by consesus of small groups, that mob rule is the abscence of rules, besides "might makes right".

What does everyone else think?

2. d.william profile image76
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

You are correct in your differentiation between the terms 'anarchy' and 'mob rule'.  These terms, as with many other misused terms and concepts, are used mainly by the conservatives to describe liberals, when in essence they have nothing to do with progressives or liberals at all. 
    The idea that liberals are associated with having 'no rule of law' is ludicrous at best.  The comparison of liberals to conservatives, in relation to rules, is only defined by the conservative views with their limited knowledge based on their indoctrinated,  narrow minded, religious teachings. 
    In our current society, the conservative is synonymous with religious dogma that "controls" by fear and guilt, and must be maintained by lack of education and common sense in order to continue to survive.  We can only hope that with education, and common sense, they will eventually fall along the wayside as did all the other barbaric beliefs.

1. Attikos profile image78
      Attikosposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't know where those idea came from, but the fact is most on the American right believe US liberals today espouse statism, not ochlocracy.

2. TeaPartyCrasher profile image73
      TeaPartyCrasherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's not too often that someone sends me to the dictionary, but Attikos did.

3. d.william profile image76
      d.williamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Att: Statism? an ideal state that would stop greed by the 1% in its tracks. (never gonna happen). Ochlocracy (mob rule) idiotic assumption. Read: http://dwilliam.hubpages.com/hub/When-d … dirty-word (learn something B 4 speaking)