jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think tropical storm Sandy will significantly impact the U.S. Presidentia

1. Miss Mimi profile image60
    Miss Mimiposted 5 years ago

Do you think tropical storm Sandy will significantly impact the U.S. Presidential election?

How big an effect, if any, do you think Sandy will have on the upcoming election?

2. Roy Woodhouse profile image67
    Roy Woodhouseposted 5 years ago

well I have a feeling that after the mayor of New York seemingly managed to upset so many with his attitude to the floods by saying that the main focus now should be on the marathon, which should go ahead. (it's strange for me cause this is the way London handled the 7/7 bombings, but I think he didn't approach the let's focus on the positives angle with any tact.  He then threw his support straight behind Obama. Now the one thing this could cause is a subconscious linking of negativity between the two people. However, I feel Obama gets blamed for a lot like the war and the debt, neither of which were his fault (both caused before his election). So to answer your question it shouldn't, but I have a sneaking suspicion it will.

3. Nia Foxx profile image61
    Nia Foxxposted 5 years ago

I think most have made up their minds but if there really is an undecided voter (truly in the middle) Pres. Obama and Gov. Romney might stand out to them at this point.  The focus should be on helping right now, but the reality is election day is November 6th so it will make its way into the tragedy.

4. hawaiianodysseus profile image82
    hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years ago

Judging from the amount of smoke each candidate is blowing up the kazoo, Sandy will have minimal impact.