jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How much do you know about deferred action?

1. PoetasDsigns profile image59
    PoetasDsignsposted 5 years ago

How much do you know about deferred action?

2. PurvisBobbi44 profile image83
    PurvisBobbi44posted 5 years ago

This is all I know about it---Young people who have entered this country and who meets a certain criteria will not be considered for removal from this country. Because they are not considered a threat at such a young age when they arrived.

That is not much but I remember hearing about this summer---so I am sure someone on HubPages will know more than I do.

3. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 5 years ago

I wish I could be brilliant on this but the answer is simple. It is when a governmental or a quasi governmental entity and take action but defers it to a later time. It can be as simple as lack of resources to commence action or as complicated as witness protection and the US Marshals. It can involve a limited immunity or deferment on a traffic ticket. Prosecution of one offense with probation is the most common deferment for the second offense.
    In immigration it is a favor shown to the individual. There is no right to it. It is never required. But why deport a good fellow? And why so hurt a child? But if they screw up just one tiny bit -- bye bye.

4. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

I don't know alot about it, but I hope this helps: http://www.dhs.gov/news/2012/06/15/secr … ho-are-low

It sounds like depending on the age of the person when they were brought to this country may be favorable for them as long as the work they have done thus far has not been a risk to the country.  They will have 2 years of "freedom from removal" for lack of a better term or as it states deferred action.