jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you consider where a product is made before purchasing it?

1. Sharicey profile image59
    Shariceyposted 5 years ago

Do you consider where a product is made before purchasing it?

I read this interesting article and it has now made me question my own shopping habits. I would love to get more opinions on this. http://yhoo.it/ZHkal2

2. JimTxMiller profile image79
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

No, but then, I'm a guy and real guys don't shop. When I need something, my two top priorities are price and availability. Something durable like hand tools, I'll check local pawn shops, flea markets, garage sales, etc. for the item used but in good condition. The marketplace grows increasingly global, so country of origin figures little in my shopping decisions.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I don't do a lot of shopping but I have to admit I am negligent in that area. I guess I almost always assume everything is made in China.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Being a typical man, I do not do a lot of shopping.But when I do I try to buy "Made in the USA" items.

5. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 5 years ago

I try to buy made in the USA first, made in Europe second, but found it really hard to do so when already in a store.

But did the net search and found this great site and my new years resolution is to use and research what we buy beforehand.

If you live in America please try to support American Workers by buying products from the directory below.

http://www.americansworking.com

If you live in another country buy locally also.

And remember paying a little more for quality saves you money in the long run.

6. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. While mostly everything is made in China as far as durable goods, a lot of people are not aware that lots of produce and other foods we consume are imported from other countries that don't have the same standards that we have here in the US.

working