jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How would you finish the statement - If I were President of the USA, I would fir

1. taburkett profile image59
    taburkettposted 5 years ago

How would you finish the statement - If I were President of the USA, I would first fix

With all the major problems facing the USA presently, what would you say to the citizens to make them feel better about the future.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

If I were President of the USA, I would fix... a whole lotta @#$%!!!

3. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 5 years ago

We are stopping all illegal wars abroad and will reduce the defence spending by 60%.  All the money saved from stopping the wars and reducing defence budget will be reinvested into helping the 99%ters in the society.

Then I would go after all the Billionaires & Millionaires the 1%ters and ask them to donate 20% of all there wealth into helping US (being such good citizens I am sure they will not refuse to help the society in need)

That should reduce the pain a little.

4. Jynzly profile image74
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

If I were President of the USA, I would first fix the Values Education System of the populace beginning in the lowest rank of society to the top ranking officials including politicians. Too much Mal-education and too much money-oriented thinking and attitudes reduce humanity to mere brutes and blind follower zombies who choose the easy way of following cultural ethnocentric mentality rather than thinking with the universal laws that govern everything in this planet and the universe as a whole.

5. Brandon Tart profile image60
    Brandon Tartposted 5 years ago

my hair... THEN, I would hold a press conference stating that I would fix the
    Whitehouse dog, and like bob barker, ask that others help control the pet population by doing the same to their pets.

Seriously - I would focus solely on amending education as a first.  In 40 years, I think we'll have wished by then that more was done to ensure that we'll have competent children who will eventually have to deal with our messes as future political leaders.

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I would have to stop the bleeding first with my National Defense Act of 2013.

7. profile image0
    Chelsea Heapsposted 5 years ago

I would fully fund programs (such as Planned Parenthood) that benefit women's health and give them true choices. In addition, I would create a task force to deal with clinic access across the country. In this way, women could have access to safe abortions and contraception.This would include rooting out extremist anti-choice organizations.

8. misstoughcookie97 profile image70
    misstoughcookie97posted 5 years ago

If I were the president of the USA, I would first fix the treatment of returned war veterans and make sure they have a stable home and environment to return to. I would make sure they get the finest quality treatment and provide free, top quality health benefits for mental or physical wounds caused by the war.

9. Conservative Lady profile image75
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

If I were President - I would focus first on cutting wasteful spending, then reform the education system, get busy on making the US business friendly so the job market would improve, repeal ObamaCare, force Congress to do their job, and get a manicure, (just want to see if you are still reading ;-)

10. profile image0
    Deepes Mindposted 5 years ago

I would cut spending all across the board by examining places where we have too many programs operating in one area and redirecting those extras to a different area. I would also tighten regulation on programs that are being abused. I would lower taxes on everyone (which would bring jobs back to the states and put more people back to work)

Finally, I'd pull all troops out of where we aren't wanted and leave those countries to their own devices. Veterans will be put to work in other areas of the country, Disabled vets will be given even better access to health care, housing, etc.