Who out there is interested in becoming politically active? Stop whining and start acting?
There are numerous hubs, and comments, concerning how bad things are with the Goveenment, complaints, criticisms, poor me attitudes, the sky is falling theories. Also tons of narrations about voting - how dumb the electorate is - how apathy is rampant - how impotent Congress is. WELL how about joining up with me and try solving some of these problems?
Education - I want to start a movement in various areas of the country to educate the electorate - get people to contact their representatives, express their feelings - learn who they are they and how to contact them plus much more - join me
RBJ33 - Count me in. Voter education is a good place to start. With a few clicks on the keyboard, just about everything we need to know about any candidate is available to us.
Your right, we have the power to make changes if we just do it. All the whining and complaining makes us feel better but accomplishes nothing.
Now we're talking! A few of us have to get into the problem solving business and let the "who done it crowd" sip their wine pretend to be intellectuals while we get some serious work done. The Project http://www.housefireproject.com/
is looking for 6% of registered voters to get behind us while we start holding folks in Washington accountable for results. The other 94% can slam the other side and call themselves patriots. Some got it, most don't. That's why I'm doing what I'm doing. Our little 6% will have more impact on American politics than all the other partisan groups put together. Drop me an e-mail (Jim2Washington@aol.com) Let's do some communication my friend!
I have visited J. Brown and joined up - I'll e-mail you a bit later
Bob, the lack of response to this question is proof that what you are proposing is really necessary. I find it sad that so few really seem to care.
It may well end us as an excercise in frustration, but nothing ventured nothing gained.
Hang in there and keep bailing - we won't know unless we try.
windygreen - if you are in I need to know your email address and what state you live in - also is your name Valerie Reichart-Fulk
Email me at email@example.com.
by Justin Earick4 years ago
While a 28th Amendment stating that corporations are not people and money is not speech would be ideal - how about compulsory voting? What if we used the carrot approach - say increasing tax-credits for voting in...
by Grace Marguerite Williams4 years ago
What are the main indicators that the average American is somewhat uninformed and gulliblein regards to electing political candidates to their respective offices whether local, state, and/or national?
by ahorseback17 months ago
My message to celebrities who use the podium and the position of their popularity to try to sway public votes and opinions ---------Just shut up!How do you poll about celebrity opinions?
by GA Anderson2 years ago
Should a Congressman Only Stand For Moral and Sensible Actions... that benefit all U.S. citizens?Or should they stand for the desired actions of their electors?I think it is the latter.If they cannot, in good...
by chigoiyke7 years ago
....soonest it will be; why did they kick out the British PM - what's his name again? Gordon Brown. I have been following the British election with some amount of attention but I still don't get why a serving PM is...
by Will Apse5 years ago
Well if the office is the President of the US, 1 or 2 is not enough.Story from a few weeks ago:Gingrich told ABC News Mitt Romney came out on top during the GOP primaries because “In the end, he had, I think, sixteen...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.