jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Should we ban x-acto knives?

1. Cassie Smith profile image69
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

Should we ban x-acto knives?

Okay the latest horror is that one lone white male was stabbing students at the Lone Star College campus.  Should Congress enact an x-acto knife ban?  What can art and science students going to do without an x-acto knife?  Let's hear from the lefty congresspeople and senators.  And I expect Obama to have a speech about it soon.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

If we outlaw x-acto knives, then only outlaws will have them.

1. Cassie Smith profile image69
      Cassie Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but so what FatFreddyscat, we have to ban them so mash slashings won't ever happen again.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm waiting for the National X-acto Knife Association (NXKA) to make a statement to see what they have to say. I'll bet they suggest that every school should have someone trained in the use of an x-acto knife in it.

3. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 4 years ago

Banning x-acto knives would have just about as much effect as the proposed gun bans.  There will always be weapons available for those who want to inflict damage on others.
    Perhaps we should just close all schools and that would end this type of thing happening in school.
    It will be interesting to hear what this nut jobs motives were and why he did this.

4. djashburnal profile image81
    djashburnalposted 4 years ago

So we ban x-acto knives, nutjobs like that will use regular knives, so we ban them too. Pretty soon the nutjobs would just move to pointy sticks. Meanwhile, everything that the sane part of humanity uses x-acto knives for just sits around unfinished.

So here's what I have for you, would you rather accept that there are violent people in this world that we can't disarm, so we need to think of teaching the other 99.999 percent of the population to defend themselves.

Or

Everyone gets a padded room without sharp edges because there's no way to tell who the serial killers out there are. Could be me, you, the pope, obama...

1. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Excellent idea, let's just lock everyone up in the nut house so the world will be safer.  Oh wait, we closed most of the nut houses years ago and turned them loose on the streets.  Who would have ever dreamed that plan could go wrong?

2. djashburnal profile image81
      djashburnalposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Actually, there are quite a few left, they aren't insane asylums or nut houses. Their called mental health centers, mental institutuions, and in a way, halfway houses.

3. profile image0

I didn't say we closed all of the mental institutions, just most of them.  Many of the homeless we see on the streets either used to be residents of one of these institutions, or should now be a resident of a mental health center.

4. djashburnal profile image81
      djashburnalposted 4 years agoin reply to this

very true

5. LandmarkWealth profile image80
    LandmarkWealthposted 4 years ago

If the left gets their way, you'll need a permit to butter your English muffin.

1. profile image0

Or pay government employees to butter that muffin for us?

2. Cassie Smith profile image69
      Cassie Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Horrors No!  No butter in the future.  Too much cholesterol.  See, we don't need knives any more.

3. LandmarkWealth profile image80
      LandmarkWealthposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps they should just ban humans from existence.

working