jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Are all democrats liberals?

1. andrew savage profile image60
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

Are all democrats liberals?

2. stars439 profile image74
    stars439posted 5 years ago

Good question. I am a registered Democrat. When I became old enough to vote, I asked a lady at a voters registration desk what was the difference between a republican , and a democrat because I did not know .
       The lady asked me a question.  " Are you rich, or poor ? "
      I told her I was not rich. When I looked at my registration card, I saw democrat on it.

I  believed it does not matter whether a person is a democrat, or a republican as long as , and individual votes for what he , or she believes is right. 

I could be wrong, but I believe that  voters try to vote for what they believe is best for their country like I do, and they are democrats, and republicans. I also believe that running a country is not easy.

I really want to say that we should let ou consciences be our guides when we vote on issues, but American politics was created by rule makers too, so our Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence, and many other important papers, and Ammendments were created by Congress, and people that had to follow certain rules. Freedom is what we cherish, but to be free you have to have good government rules. There are important reasons to have republicans, and democrats. We know that they have some differences, but I would like to believe that both sides are capable of making good decisions. 

I do not want to sound like I am standing on a soap box , but good people died for our country because they believed in it.

God Bless You.

1. andrew savage profile image60
      andrew savageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the story, but I think you hammered a hidden point of mine that most Americans think each party has to be either conservative or liberal. Are there conservative democratic law makers? Are there liberal republicans?

3. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

No, not even today, but a corrupt pseudoliberalism is Democrat orthodoxy. The party has progressively (so to speak) been purging itself of dissenters since Clinton left office, and so there are fewer nonliberals in it now than formerly. The so-called "blue dogs" were the last influential group of them left, and most of them are now gone. The Democratic Party's movement toward ideological extremism is nearing completion.

working