jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why does the world let SYRIA get to ruins and may soon colapse?

1. Rawila profile image60
    Rawilaposted 5 years ago

Why does the world let SYRIA get to ruins and may soon colapse?

Why does the World leave SYRIA to go to ruins while the power houses watch and do nothing ,is it their love to see a once peaceful country colapse for the gains which no one knows?

2. Iontach profile image83
    Iontachposted 5 years ago

Maybe the powers at be don't want to intervene due to the massive costs involved. Also sometimes countries can come out as even bigger messes after foreign intervention, example Iraq.

3. Thomas Swan profile image96
    Thomas Swanposted 5 years ago

Yes, perhaps the world should intervene to stop the militants from overthrowing the Syrian government. I would never recommend entering a civil war though.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

What would you have us do?  If the US gets involved we are accused of war mongering.  So it is a no-win situation for anyone wanting to get involved.

If is easy and understandable to become outraged at the cruel things in the world, and the seeming lack of compassion to fix it.

But with that outrage comes the responsibility of making a plan, and knowing what you (or me) would expect the world to do.

The only solution left to us would be invasion. And do we really want to invade and  become involved in another conflict that will have no winners.  Do we even have that right?

1. Rawila profile image60
      Rawilaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

if us goes to countries with problems to save its ok but most interventions by us is to steal mineral wealth,iraq oil,libya oil or disturbilize like somalia,egypt and others..

5. marwan asmar profile image80
    marwan asmarposted 5 years ago

I guess there is too many divergent interests at stake, and no one once to give up anything and go for a middle ground

working