jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Why do some people always give negative feedback even you are right?

1. shwetha123 profile image72
    shwetha123posted 4 years ago

Why do some people always give negative feedback even you are right?

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 4 years ago

Well, that's only your opinion, that you are right, perhaps in theirs, you are wrong, we are all entitled to our own opinions and ideas, whether right or wrong.

3. tabrezrocks profile image48
    tabrezrocksposted 4 years ago

Because they want to hide their negativity.

4. jlpark profile image84
    jlparkposted 4 years ago

If it's a case of "right, and here's the science/numbers to prove it" - then they just don't like to be told that they are wrong.

If it's a 'Right, cause I say I am" or "Right, because my opinion has to be, yours is dumb" way - then, really it's your opinion that it's negative feedback.

Without information to base the answer on - you left it open to interpretation.

5. WalterPoon profile image81
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Negative and positive are mere perceptions. To some people, if anyone disagree with them, it's negative. But not all differences of opinions are negative. It's the mental state of the respondent, as reflected by how they say it, that should determine whether the feedback is constructive (positive) or destructive (negative).

1. WalterPoon profile image81
      WalterPoonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Shwetha123, see the comments in my hub, "Is Paranormal Mere Hocus-Pocus?" Am I bothered? Not by a long shot! People who think that science is everything forget that science is still developing. But these people think that science is everything!!!

6. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

I think it's silly to expect all feedback to be positive. The purpose of the feedback tools is to ensure the quality of the hubs and to motivate Hubbers to improve their writing. Isn't that what we all strive for here? If I see negative feedback or low scores on my profile and/or hubs, I would probably polish my writings more, and therefore improving my hubs and the website overall.

1. WalterPoon profile image81

Thief12, I agree with you. However, for negative feedback to be constructive, the commentor should take it upon himself to point out the weaknesses and, if possible, provide suggestions. That would be the most ethical type of commentors.

2. shwetha123 profile image72
      shwetha123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Theif12 I do agree with you. But what if again you get negative comment then.

3. WalterPoon profile image81

Shwetha123, why are you so worried about other people's opinions? It's after all their opinion. Give their comments due consideration, yes... but if you think their comments are not justified, just forget it.

working