Is online shopping save.What about ebay?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (49 posts)
  1. topstuff profile image61
    topstuffposted 16 years ago

Do you think shopping everywhere online is reliable,if not which is the one you mostly
    prefer for shopping?I think ebay is working good.

1. mandarine profile image60
      mandarineposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It is safe, when you buy from a trustworthy sources.I have a lot of friends that used to buy products or items online, because online it is much cheaper.We have a list of online stores where we are old customers and we don't plan to switch to another store.So, don't buy products from unchecked sources, but just try to find out site where people have already buy smth and everything was ok. ;-)
      I used to collect handicrafts from different states and almost half of my collection was bought online.

2. sandifaist profile image57
    sandifaistposted 16 years ago

I think it's just as safe as handing your credit card to someone in a store or restaurant. I use Amazon a lot too.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

eBay is perfectly safe provided you check the feedback rating of the person you're buying from.  If I saw any negative ratings, I wouldn't buy.  If you're really anxious about buying on eBay, you can always use the escrow service.

1. profile image58
      Yellowburgandyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I tend to disagree, if an ebay seller only has a few negative feedbacks it does not make them untrustworthy, it's just like going into your local store, you can't please everyone and there are alot of scammer buyers out there that will leave a negative feedback to get something for free, you need to look at the whole picture like how many good feedbacks that they received verses the negative ones.  As far as escrow goes, that is a con aswell, ebay only recommends one escrow company for the purpose that there are many cons out there,  a con artist will have a contact within the escrow service aswell, so do your homework before getting involved with that and use ebays recommendations as to who to use.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but there are so many sellers on eBay, I see no reason to take a risk with anyone who has the slightest negative feedback - I can usually get the product from someone with a better score.  It does depend on the size of the seller:  obviously I wouldn't worry about someone with 5 negatives out of 2,000 sales whereas I would worry about someone with 2 negatives out of 200.

As a seller myself, I've always found that if you describe your product properly and make sure your photos give an honest picture of what you're selling, there's no problem.  As a buyer, the only times I've had to complain are when a seller has given a poor description (sometimes due to poor English) or the photo was deliberately taken to conceal flaws.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I got one negative vote on Ebay from someone who said an LP I sent her was defective. It wasn't, it was her record player. She posted saying it was her mistake, but there is still a negative on my account that will be there forever.

2. Misha profile image62
          Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have to disagree here. I got a negative from the newb who wanted me to ship notebook to unconfirmed address. And did not want to hear why it cannot be done sad

3. profile image58

So, how many restaurants have you gone to where the steak was exactly not the way you wanted, or the service was not exactly what you expected, but still went back?  It is totally impossible for anyone to please everyone, when you walk into your grocery store do you see a feedback sign posting there score?  The question here is, if there is a concern about a few negative feedbacks, why not give the seller the benefit of the doubt and just ask them before judging them?  This only pertains to looking at the whole picture possitive verses negative feedbacks.

I agree, but there I am at the store and am more in control of the situation.  On eBay, the ONLY assurance I have is the feedback.  So, given the choice, I will always choose the seller with the best feedback record, even if that means paying a few dollars more for the privilege.

1. Misha profile image62
              Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And I have to agree here big_smile Absolutely smile

1. workathomemom profile image60
                workathomemomposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am a power seller on Ebay.  So far, out of 1400+ feedback, I don't have any negative but I always shudder to think that something out of my control is going to provide me with negative feedback.

However, I do have three neutrals that are permanently on my record and none of them were my fault. . . one was given by a woman who had ordered two items.  She gave me positive feedback on one, wrote a very positive statement for the second, but put a dot in the neutral button.  I can only guess that because she gave me written positive feedback, she must have clicked on neutral by mistake. It makes no sense to put words down that say what a great ebayer I am and then give me neutral feedback.

Another was because the buyer said my shipping was slow, but she failed to remember, even though I reminded her and proved to her by the clearing dates and the shipping dates that I had to wait 7 days for her payment to clear on paypal and then when it did, I shipped the same day.  Even with the proof, she wasn't convinced.  She ordered right before Christmas but not in enough time for her payment to clear and to receive the item she wanted on time.  For the third, I have searched all of my feedback and see the rating in my summary but I can't find it!  Also, sometimes those who leave neutral feedback sometimes don't know why they are leaving neutral.  Before I knew what it was I thought that meant the item was neither good nor bad, but there wasn't anything exciting about it.

I also buy on Ebay.  If I see a few negatives on an item I want, I go and read the negative comments.  I know as a seller that sometimes there is absolutely nothing you can do to please a buyer and I also know that sellers get blamed for high shipping costs and slow shipping.  The Ebay and paypal fees add up.  On a $12 item the ebay and paypal fees can be almost $2.50 depending on how the person pays through paypal.  Add another $2.50 for the actual shipping charges and you are up to $5 on that item.  That seems high to the buyer, but many times the buyer isn't taking all of the seller's costs into consideration.

With those fees alone it is very difficult to even cover the costs of packaging, gas to the post office, printer ink to print shipping labels, and the time it takes to list each item, etc.  We often times have to eat those costs and when you are selling small items that are not marked up very much, it hurts the bottom line.  In addition, I ship within 24 hours of receiving a cleared payment and many times if an order comes in before I leave for the post office, I will fill and ship that order the same day.  Once the items are dropped off at the post office, Ebay sellers have no control over how long it takes to get to the customer.

No one is perfect and it is reasonable to think that everyone makes mistakes, both buyers and sellers.  I prefer to look at each site individually and weigh what the reasons are for the negative feedback before crossing the seller off my list.  It is good to be cautious, but it's also good to give people the benefit of the doubt.  Even though I do everything I can to please my customers, I know there is a possibility that I will receive negative feedback for something at some point and I know I am a good seller with good intentions.

This just goes to show that it is possible to maintain an excellent record on eBay by being a good, honest seller and communicating well with your buyers.

1. profile image58

This is just one case, there are alot of honest sellers out there that have a negative feedback due to someone wanting something for free, or just simply by even communicating with someone was not enough to some people.  The only reason I keep saying this is because I don't think that it is fair to judge a whole group of honest sellers because they have a few negative feedbacks.

4. MrMarmalade profile image68
          MrMarmaladeposted 15 years agoin reply to this
          1. MrMarmalade profile image68

Marisa you are a touch harsh. I had good score up to May. Some lady bought a product from me two days before Xmas. As it was Xmas I paid extra to enable it to arrive in time. I gave her a good comment.
            She replies with neutral comment. 'Quick postage the Pegs are too small.' This was after lots of photos and big explanations and measurements. This was a miniature chess set. I did offer to give her money back. No she did not want that she managed to give it to another relative.
            I don'take negative comments.
            Now I find with one neutral comment in December Ebay have downgraded me.

1. VioletSun profile image76
              VioletSunposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Marisa you are a touch harsh. I had good score up to May. Some lady bought a product from me two days before Xmas. As it was Xmas I paid extra to enable it to arrive in time. I gave her a good comment.
              She replies with neutral comment. 'Quick postage the Pegs are too small.' This was after lots of photos and big explanations and measurements. This was a miniature chess set. I did offer to give her money back. No she did not want that she managed to give it to another relative.
              I don'take negative comments.
              Now I find with one neutral comment in December Ebay have downgraded me.>>>

I have been a member of Ebay since 1999, and mostly sell. Haven't had negative feedback, thank God, but one never knows when we will encounter a nasty or unresonalbe customer. Last week, I had a customer from London who ordered one of our health kits online, but unfortunately customs delayed the delivery of her package which she wanted by a certain date. I explained to her that when I received her order, I ensured it will be shipped within one day so she will get in time, and yet, she comes back and says, she was very dissapointed in me and the company's service; demanded her money back plus credit for her expense in returning the kit to us.  I ended up telling her to keep the kit as a gift, and reimbursed her account less shipping. Of course she was happy. sad  On a positive note, we may have lost about $90.00 dollars, but gained a major account within 2 days,  with a Yoga school in Canada who placed a huge order and the owner of the school is a sweeheart; it all balances out. smile

2. profile image58

Sheesh!!!  You are being too harsh, if this is the case to determine your shopping habits then if you knew how many complaints any place you patronage locally at, you would never want to shop again, I'm sorry if my reply is too harsh, but geez, you are not going to shop because of negative feedbacks?  Instead of being so hostile, have you ever thought to communicate with the seller before making a purchase?  That should be the question, I don't understand why anyone would judge a person without trying to talk to the person first?  Now if you email them and it takes more then 2 days to respond, then I would question the feedbacks, that is just one sign to look for, but at least please give the seller the benefit of the doubt before judging.

2. seohowto profile image59
      seohowtoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ebay is not safe and never been a safe place for buying. 90% of ebay sellers are selling counterfeits,  and some of them are "power sellers", with good reputation and positive feedbacks. But  if you think you can easily get a refund - try to buy LV bag on ebay, for example, and check it out.

1. Ms._Info profile image69
        Ms._Infoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I totally disagree.  I have been selling on eBay since 2000.  My feedback is 4863 and it is 100% positive.  I sell lots of designer handbags which are 100% authentic, which I buy from legitimate retailers when they are running deep discount sales.   If in fact, 90% of eBay sellers were selling counterfeits, eBay would be facing so many lawsuits that they probably would have to shut down.  They actively monitor listings of high end designer goods and take down anything that they suspect is counterfeit.   

With regards to refunds, you have to look at each individual sellers refund policy, just like a store.  While one store may accept refunds, another may only offer store credit.  Same with eBay.  There is not one eBay wide refund policy so you have to review each individual seller's terms. 

Also, if you run into problems, you can always file a claim with PayPal, if you paid via PayPal.  PayPal investigates and if they find in the buyers favor, they send them a full or partial refund refund  depending on the issue. and nature of the complaint.

4. MyGenie profile image61
    MyGenieposted 16 years ago

One of the reasons places like eBay is safer than most on the net is because there is an accountability factor there. One thing I have to say is that if you buy from an unknown person or website you never know who is behind the site whereas eBay has a reputation on the net.
    IF anyone scams others on the net word travels fast and usually they are stopped fairly fast.

1. profile image58

I appologize, but I tend to disagree with you aswell, it is perfectly safe to buy something from a website from someone that you don't know, just do your homework first which should only take a few minutes with good common sense, like look for their phone number and call it, you'll know by the way they answer if they are legit, and ask them questions, if there is no phone number then email them and see how fast their respond time is and how they answer your reply.  Check to see what payment method that they use and if it is secure.  I could go on and on but all it takes is good judgement.

5. profile image36
    jolpidposted 15 years ago

I'd say eBay is just as safe as shopping in a mall. You're probably more likely to get your ID taken by a person who works in Abercrombie and Fitch or a disgruntled waitress at TGI Fridays as you are online these days. Just beware of who you're buying from, check their reputation (like others said) and be smart and you should be fine.

6. cheapbuys profile image59
    cheapbuysposted 15 years ago

Shopping online is safe. I prefer to use merchants who  have paypal enabled. That way I only provide my credit card information to paypal and nobody else.

7. YoungBummerSeduct profile image60
    YoungBummerSeductposted 15 years ago

Online shopping is becoming easier than ever and with more attention on it, more security will be overlooking the whole thing as well. Even I am outside US, I am shopping on eBay and Amazon once in a while.

I prefer using PayPal since it is more secured than handing over my credit card information to everybody.

8. MrMarmalade profile image68
    MrMarmaladeposted 15 years ago

I am on Ebay and use auctiva for photos 100% feedback. Now Ebay bring in the factor on not being able to place negative feedback on buyers.
    What is the use of feedback if it does not work bothways.

1. profile image58

Just think of it like this, if you own a store and someone comes in all outraged, you are going to do anything to make that person happy, the same goes for ebay, if someone gives you a negative feedback, by you giving them one back then they will most definately not come back to your store, but if you still give them a good feedback, then you are opening your door to invite them back.  On the negative side is if the buyer is a scammer there is no way to let other sellers know to beware, so I say that even though the feedback is still positive, you can still write in what you feel and if anyone reads feedbacks they will see that.  But ebay has a way now to dispute any wrongful feedbacks, so if you feel that you got a negative feedback wrongfully, dispute it.

1. MrMarmalade profile image68

I am not disagreeing with your marketing skills.
        I had already given a thumbs up on feedback to the lady, I offered her money back,She then left a neutral
        My point was that Ebay took five months to do a 98.9% for a neutral comment. I do not understand their timing or the major discount.
        Our Sydney Morning Herald had a major article on a newspaper that  they own called The Trading Post. They are toying with giving Ebay a run for the their money  They will make listings free and place a ceiling that is lower than Ebay's. I am going to take it it up with Ebay
        Thanks for your suggestion

9. ArtCantHurtU profile image69
    ArtCantHurtUposted 15 years ago

shopping on ebay is perfectly safe, at least as safe as shopping anywhere can be-

did people suddenly forget that you can be ripped off in person too?... oh well I digress

However being a seller on ebay might not be so safe,

yes feedback is important, but there is simply no seller protection.
    they do not enforce non payments, people leave bogus and unfounded negative feedback and they also extort products and returns from sellers by threatening bad feedback for no reason.
    bidding on.
    Yes all of this has happened to me - and we have a 100% money back guarantee!  People are people, and I do a lot of buying on ebay too - the vast majority of transactions have bee wonderful, and I believe that is what i give my customers too.

no automated system is perfect - especially NOT ebays feedback system,
    but I do use it and I always look at the percentage of negative feedbacks, especially on the type of item I am bidding on.

If you have any doubts about your seller, don't get sucked into getting the best deal - write questions, ask for a phone contact number and keep searching

1. profile image58

You said it all just perfectly.  If you have any doubts give the seller the benefit of the doubt by contacting them and have all of your questions answered.  And I think that there should also be seller protection aswell.  If you don't pay for something through a store, they report you to the credit agencies, so why is ebay any different?

10. MrMarmalade profile image68
    MrMarmaladeposted 15 years ago

They ran Ebay on a Current Affair program recently, not complimentary.
    They maintained they are loosing a lot of good ebayers.
    I still use them as I enjoy doing it.

11. Sally's Trove profile image77
    Sally's Troveposted 15 years ago

We've been 100% sellers on eBay for a little more than a year.  In that time, we've had four unhappy events where winning bidders did not pay.  So, to turn the original question around just a little, "Is online selling safe. What about eBay?"

For the most part, as Yellowburgandy has said, it's a matter of using common sense, which the seller needs to use as well.  After these four events, we now have a policy where we contact a bidder before the end of auction if the bidder has 0 feedback (new account) or a feedback score of less than 98%.  If we don't hear from the bidder via email with a mailing address and payment method before the close of auction, we cancel that bid.

Overall, we believe eBay is not only a safe place to conduct business, but a fun place as well. Just use your noodle.

12. Astralbex profile image60
    Astralbexposted 15 years ago

I buy online all the time, as others have already said I check them out and HOPE I'm not gonna get screwed!
    However I never use a credit card and I do have my debit card insured with my bank so I am covered, I hope!

I have tried to leave a negative feed back once on ebay and wasn't allowed to? The seller used a different photo for a pair of gloves I was buying, I did keep the item but felt the picture shown should of been what I'd been sent.Misleading.............! I did email the sender who was happy to refund me once they'd recieved the returned item but I couldn't be bothered with the hastle of queing up at the post office. Anyone else had this happen to them?

1. profile image58

Just a question?  Why would you want to leave negative feedback if they offered you a refund?  Also, if you bought something from a local store, took it home, found something wrong with it, wouldn't you go back to that store to return it?  So what is the difference if you went to the post office?  Your taking pretty much the same steps.  And in most cases, if someone went to their local store to return something, they most likely will still shop there again, so why is on-line shopping any different, especially when they are willing to work with you.

13. lifedancer profile image64
    lifedancerposted 15 years ago

Buying on line is just as safe as using a credit card anywhere else.  I shop mostly on-line.  Many people don't utilize the protection a major credit card can give. My one bad experience with an E-bay seller from Brazil was solved by VISA returning my money, $500.  The time for working with E-bay had expired because I was slow on getting an appraisal on the item, jewelry.  The seller is no longer on E-bay.

14. CherylTheWriter profile image60
    CherylTheWriterposted 15 years ago

It's actually much safer to shop online than at a brick-and-mortar store. I don't have exact numbers before me, but I believe the rate of identity theft and credit card fraud that occur offline is close to 89% as opposed to 10% online and 1% that could not be traced.

Paypal and other third-party payment services are valuable resources for online shopping. A recent agreement between MasterCard and Paypal offers an option for shopping at a website you don't entirely trust but which has an item you really want, even if the merchant doesn't accept Paypal. Rather than give that site your credit card information, contact Paypal for a temporary MasterCard number. It works just like a real MasterCard, but the number is good for only one use, and the payment made is actually run through Paypal rather than the credit card system. Some banks are also offering temporary credit card numbers for online shopping, too.

For any online shopping, the most important part of the transaction is what happens afterward. Once the transaction is complete, CLOSE THE BROWSER rather than follow any link away from the page or go to any bookmark. Your credit card details are stored on a temporary cookie for the purposes of the transaction, and that cookie remains on your computer and vulnerable to hackers and shady web merchants until you disconnect from the Internet. The safest thing to do is disconnect, then go back in, no matter what limited-time offers they throw at you.

Happy shopping!

CherylTheWriter

15. virtualshop profile image59
    virtualshopposted 15 years ago

i think it's very confusing. i m purchesing from vbuyonline.com.it's simply best. just click on your chosen product and the product is in your hand.

16. Wayne Liew profile image58
    Wayne Liewposted 15 years ago

I love to shop on eBay as well. Most of the sellers there are genuine unless your luck is very bad that the product that you have bought cracked or broke during shipment. Anyway, my experience shopping online on shopping sites like eBay, Amazon and YesAsia have been very good. :-)

17. drummer boy profile image61
    drummer boyposted 15 years ago

I shop on line at the following link, they have great savings as well as a wide variety of stores.

http://www.bign.com/bignmarketplace/def … mp;suffix=

this site also has an open road card from discover that you can sign up for and save on your gas purchases.  It is totally save and confidential.

18. VioletSun profile image76
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

Last month, when I tried to access my Ebay account, I was unable to,  as my password had been disabled by Ebay, and had to chose a new one after going through identification steps. I then checked an email from Ebay, and was informed someone had hacked into my Ebay account and was selling high end sneakers with MY account and perfect feedback. Thank God, Ebay has a sophisticated technology and were able to tell it wasn't my listings. Have no idea how they figured this out, as I travel back and forth between the West Coast and East Coast, so use different computers to access my account with Ebay.  I am just grateful, Ebay acted quickly!

19. profile image58
    Gardening Angelposted 15 years ago

Hi---

I view ebay all the time.  Some very interesting things that people have for sale.  I haven't bought anything so far, I came very close one time  bidding on a vintage wheelbarrel, but the bidding got too high,  but did enjoy the experience.  Hope to do it again.  Like your Hub pages.  Please visit mine. 

Gardening Angel

20. Kapil Khaneja profile image41
    Kapil Khanejaposted 15 years ago

Yes i do use my credit card pretty regularly and till date i haven't experienced anything wrong. May be i m lucky

21. New Day profile image67
    New Dayposted 15 years ago

I shop at eBay and other secure sites (I check out with PayPal at eBay).  Never enter your credit card information until you check the URL to be sure that it starts with https:// - not just http://

The "s" indicates that it is a secured site.  And never reply to an email that asks you for sensitive information like credit card numbers or social security numbers.  Anyone that needs that information would not email you. It is a scam.

Just my 2 pennies.

22. profile image52
    luxualposted 15 years ago

Shopping online is save, but do your research first, and read reviews about the website you are shopping at.

23. beadsoflav profile image58
    beadsoflavposted 15 years ago

It really depends on how much you know about the seller. Is there a good record for completing each sale? Is the negative feedback? Does the seller respond promptly to questions? So, these are what I ask before I decide whether to purchase something from the internet. Hope this helps

24. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

We have an on-line store and we have many repeat customers I always shop on-line and try to avoid the malls , as it it tedious and not exciting anymore. Mom sells on Ebay and she is retired, it has been hard for her as they want you to sell, but they all say in policy and procedure not purchase from those who do not have rankings. She purchases from new members as she knows the frustration of trying to handle her business and many times has had to pay EBAY outof her own SS , and they alwayssay list again. They should also give the little people a chance. I had purchased from a power seller and ended up with a lie and never recieved my product. It is a catch 22 but overall on-line is the best way to go.smile

25. profile image0
    blakekrposted 15 years ago

I was sold on ebay a few years ago and never had a bad experience. Now I seem to run into a few more "bad" sellers who are trying to unload something not so great and are totally unwilling to stand behind their stuff.

I don't think human nature has changed in that time, but I do suspect that ebay's sort of gouging their sellers so much has chased out a lot of the warm, fuzzy neighbor-down-the-street type of sellers in favor of ... other types. Now I find myself having to be much more cautious about buying on ebay and many times I won't bother, I will pay a little more at amazon or tigerdirect to get something with less hassle. Just my experience.

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi blaker, I also have a webstite www.ritastreasurechest.com not everything is high and if you are ever looking for something let me know as believe me I understand the whole EBAY thing. Also check out www.livesimon.com that is a pretty neat up and coming place to and if you ever have to list something it is free. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)