Why are criminal actions perpetrated by police & politicians excusable

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. RealityTalk profile image60
    RealityTalkposted 10 years ago

Why are criminal actions perpetrated by police & politicians excusable

Case in point. The story goes: A 20 yr. old Virginia student buys water from a store.  She gets in her car & 6-unidentified plain-clothes agents from the Alcohol Beverage Control Division flash unrecognizable badges at her. She's scared. 1 agent jumps on her car; they scream at her & try to break her car windows.  She drives off in fear.  She is arrested & charged with assaulting an officer & eluding arrest. They thought she bought beer. It seems police watch too much TV because they are rarely polite & usually gestapo like in their approach of innocent citizens.  What do you think?

2. residentstone profile image58
    residentstoneposted 10 years ago

Because they have power, goes to their heads, they think they are untouchable, and act accordingly. I've never met a cop I liked, their all super douchey. Double-down that on politicians.

3. deanberry profile image59
    deanberryposted 10 years ago

America's on the verge of complete communization.  Cops know they can freely trample on our Constitutional rights because nobody has a million dollars to take their case to the Supreme Court.  http://truthmonger.info

1. RealityTalk profile image60
      RealityTalkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's an interesting point.  Government uses our tax dollars to pay for its court actions. The average American cannot afford to pay his or her own court fees.

2. fpherj48 profile image61
      fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

BINGO!!!    You guys are ON TO SOMETHING!!!  LOL

4. Express10 profile image86
    Express10posted 10 years ago

They are inexcusable however, they can lie/mislead/or otherwise intimidate others from reporting or doing anything and they know this. There are many who have no spine that let their wrongs go without reprimand. Let's not forget about the unions and arbitration. Let's not even get into the double standard of all the texting laws and the fact that PO's are often seen using computers, radios, cell phones, cameras, etc. WHILE driving. Many are seen running red lights but will get you for anything they want to meet a quota.

5. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

Ah, yes, RT....I see you dare to question the licensing of BULLIES.  Apparently, you fail to understand how this works.  Police & Politicians are granted special permission, as well as protection from recourse, to hold all the little people responsible, in terms of obeying all the laws and rules, they create.....that they, themselves may break....or completely ignore. Any & all outrageous mutilation of the little people's Constitutional rights, may be violated, with abandon.  The people with badges & Titles, are deemed all-powerful and righteous, while given blanket dispensation from responsibility of harm or hardship upon others.
    Granted, this may not make sense to those with a brain....capable of reason....but that is when all means of smoke, mirrors and deception, comes in.  Herein comes their secret training to cause confusion, fear, threats & intimidation upon these little people until a terminal case of frustration & helplessness has been established.  This may not seem fair.
    We may hear there have been some bold & brazen little people, who bravely chose to take these bullies on....of all insane things, to fight for fairness.  May they Rest in Peace, "Bravo," to them.
    You ask what we "think."  Since Rule # 1 states the little people are not ALLOWED to think, but only to COMPLY, I'll merely say that I assume and offer this as a possible explanation.  If you remain confused, I apologize.  However, the response from Police & Politicians may be less than apologetic.  They will offer a stock comment, similar to, "Well, buddy, too damned bad....THIS IS THE WAY IT IS AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT. Anymore questions?

1. NiaLee profile image60
      NiaLeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The funniest is that it is thanks to tax payers and voters like us that they are where they are... making a weapon that turns against us... deja-vu!!!

6. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 10 years ago

Seriously??? They don't check what people buy before getting on their case??? This is a joke. These are not professionals and adults if they don't correct that mistake.
    Apart from that, they are good people and professionals who make mistakes and corrupted people who get away with it because of help or benefit of the doubt. What to do?
    I had a 4th grade teacher who was a pedophile and ruined my school record (perfectionist) because I refused to let him touch me... it took another year for him to get caught for passing a STD to one of my classmates. Then I met in the following year in winter camp, he was a teacher in another school in the same city. Did our records get corrected for refusal to be touched or/and have sex with the teacher??? NEVER

1. fpherj48 profile image61
      fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

WHOA!  Nialee....This is quite a story you have.  Have you written a hub on this?  Be careful not to use the "prohibited" words.......

7. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 10 years ago

Let's see, my state convicted a four-term governor and sent him to jail for about eight years. There have been a number of sheriff's and police chiefs arrested and convicted during my lifetime. As a reporter I did an expose on a police chief who was convicted. I do not remember if it was the Governor of Illinois or Mayor of Chicago who was arrested...

Some may slip through the system, but many are caught, convicted and jailed.

As far as the incident in the question, that sounds like an isolated incident and they do happen. The Rodney King beating is one example. Following Hurricane Katrina several New Orleans policemen were arrested and jailed for unprofessional conduct.

I am not saying that the story you mentioned did not happen, but I can't imagine six plain-clothes agent descending on one car. Sometimes these stories get a little boost along the way. The person was probably stopped and probably for no legitimate reason, but I do have some questions about the details.

1. Express10 profile image86
      Express10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I live in VA and the details are available online at Wavy10.com and other places if you look. The water and foods were for an Alzheimer's charity event. The ABC idiots made an incorrect assumption & overstepped many boundaries.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)