jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think America is being right in ordering their forces to stay in the gulf

1. hubmuffins profile image71
    hubmuffinsposted 4 years ago

Do you think America is being right in ordering their forces to stay in the gulf countries?

I've noticed that America is adamant that its forces will stay in the gulf countries. I think now they should leave countries like Iran, Iraq. They've caused too much destruction in these countries.

2. My Esoteric profile image92
    My Esotericposted 4 years ago

I am not sure what your mean, @hubmuffins?  The U.S. certain has no troops in Iran, and what few they have in Iraq are for training, as I understand it.  I don't know how many are left in Kuwait, but I suspect it is greatly reduced once we left Iraq and what is left is there by the mutual agreement of the Americans and Kuwaitis.  The same is true for Saudi Arabia, assuming with still have air bases there.

1. hubmuffins profile image71
      hubmuffinsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

And what about Afghanistan?

2. My Esoteric profile image92
      My Esotericposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't consider that a "gulf" country, but, because that has great national security implications, we should be very careful about pulling out too soon.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I am not aware of any troops in Iran. I believe you to be mistaken. As far as Iraq, our job there is done. Only training forces remain there. Would you rather tyrants rule Iraq and continue to slaughter their own people?

working