jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

If you have the choice between humble and cocky, what will you choose?

1. JenkinsSmith profile image60
    JenkinsSmithposted 4 years ago

If you have the choice between humble and cocky, what will you choose?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8391992_f260.jpg

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Both! Neither alone is good. I prefer to know when to be cocky and when to be humble.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Humble. No one likes cocky people in their homes or at their job.

5. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 4 years ago

The world is a little cocky - but God prefers us humble.

6. hyp profile image79
    hypposted 4 years ago

I will choose to be humble.
    Being humble shows that you're content on who you are and feel more confident about yourself.

7. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8393038_f260.jpg

Cocky people are totally infuriating and are absolute turn offs.  Cocky people are arrogant and believe that they are the BE and END ALL while others, in their estimation, are just hoi polloi.  Cocky people have no consideration for others and view others are mere conveniences for them.  People sooner or later will tire of the cocky person's selfishness and arrogance.  Furthermore, cocky people are toxic to themselves(unbeknowst) and definitely to others.

Cocky people are inwardly insecure.  If they were not, they would not exhibit such a bravado to hide their insecurities. Cocky people are oftentimes unsure of themselves so they act the part to SHOW others who they are.  Yes, cocky people are EXCELLENT actors.  Confident people KNOW who they are.  They do not have to put on a false bravado because they have the innate wherewithal and knowing. 

Many confident people are indeed humble.  They KNOW who they are.  They do not have to outwardly prove that they are the ULTIMATE.  They know that already.  People who are humble tend to attract more people.  People love being around humble people because the latter are not threatened by others, allowing them to shine and develop their own uniqueness.  Humble people also have the gift of loving, nurturing, and respecting others.  Humble people oftentimes get further in life than cocky people because people are more likely to help and guide them and they will be have MORE supporters than toxic cocky people who will oftentimes CREATES enemies!

1. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well great answer, couldn't of said it better myself.

8. stclairjack profile image84
    stclairjackposted 4 years ago

an absurdly over the top cocky person just gets on your nerves quicker,.... you know IMEDIATELY you don’t want to deal with them, live with them, get into a relationship with them,.. or even be in the same bar with them.....

a person who is humble to the point of cripplingly non-confrontational,... will take longer to get on your nerves,.... but they still will,... and the double negative is that you may well waste ages of time realizing this after anger and resentment build so that you wind up hating the person,.... whereas with the cocky arrogant jerk you made up your mind to hate quickly,...

so i guess i like cocky people better,.... they waste less of my time.

working