jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Are our (Americans) rights being stripped from us? If so, is this loss worth th

1. Michael Degnan profile image60
    Michael Degnanposted 4 years ago

Are our (Americans) rights being stripped from us?  If so, is this loss worth the security?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 4 years ago

This is a hard question to answer... it might be better in forums, but if you look up what the UN has established for nations to follow I think that will answer it for you. Simply put- Our rights are ours at birth and nothing should remove those rights if we are peaceful citizens.

Michael Degnanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Honestly, this is my first post/question or anything on Hubpages.  I will post this question in a forum, now that I know it exists!! Thank you.  Any other suggestions for using Hubpages?

2. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are going to either hate or love this site. I have yet to discover anyone who is "on the fence" about this site. But for a question like this, most people like to debate or discuss it in length. With "Q&A" we have limited character space to d

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

After 911 the whole world changed.
    There will be generations who will never know what is was like to take family/friends to the airport and be able to sit with them at the gate until they boarded the plane or be there to great them as they come off the plane at the gate.
    Whenever something awful occurs we ultimately end up blaming our government or the police for not "protecting" us. We expect them to find ways to "gather intelligence" in order to (prevent) things from happening. And yet we are also distrustful of the government watching our moves or profiling us. It's a catch 22.
    The tighter security is the more requirements and less privacy there is. Most people are willing to accept it if it reduces the odds of another major attack. Cameras and satellites are everywhere.

Michael Degnanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

For me, it's hard to fault anyone for 9/11, aside from the perpetrators.  I am really uncomfortable with our loss of freedom too.  It seems to me that the more freedoms we lose, the more the enemy has one.  It also make wonder who the enemy is..

working