jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How many weeks/months before Chris Christie resigns?

1. Justin Earick profile image82
    Justin Earickposted 3 years ago

How many weeks/months before Chris Christie resigns?

With The General David Sampson resigning and Bridget Kelly's lawyer now offing her cooperation with federal investigators in exchange for immunity - how many weeks/months until Christie steps down?

2. Bill Beck profile image59
    Bill Beckposted 3 years ago

I don't think Christie will resign.  When is the last time you saw the head of a crime organization resign?  I think he plans to ride it to the Federal Pen, or to Dairy Queen.

3. Justin Earick profile image82
    Justin Earickposted 3 years ago

But in practical terms, he is under federal investigation. The question is whether he resigns in shame in the short term because he realizes he has no chance in 2016 (and whether Adelson has already promised him $100m to run), or whether he holds out until they threaten to charge him with something. (Or when they charge David Sampson.) Would Christie go through an entire trial without resigning? I suppose it's been tried. Would the state legislature allow him to do that without impeaching him?

4. Marisaupa profile image60
    Marisaupaposted 3 years ago

Christie's term is not scheduled to end until January of 2018. It is obvious to all by now that he will take a swing at the Republican nomination for the 2016 Presidential election. Unless handcuffs are involved I do not see him resigning anytime prior to having wrapped up, at minimum, the Republican nomination.

working