Society.. dead or still barely alive?

1. Hayze Caine profile image60
    Hayze Caineposted 3 years ago

Society.. dead or still barely alive?

I'm speaking of society in the sense of it's influence on little kids and teens, women AND men.. they're trying to keep violence rates down yet, our main priority is battle to the death or worse just for this "land of the free"? Is this country today what you'd want to know that you'll more than likely die for, that and nothing else..? It might've been worth it at one time, but now.. I'm almost ashamed that for the most part all I'm worth to this country is another statistic in some pretty chart.

2. Sri T profile image81
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

I agree with the great teachers who say, save yourself! You are not responsible for the ignorance in the world. The best way to remain happy is to guard your own thoughts. Keep your mind on the beauty in the world. The ugly, the evil, the horrible has always existed. The people who are happy just ignore it. Some people are going to be criminals. They do not care about other people at all. Some people will change or get better, some won't. Why let them drag you down in the mud? No matter what era you live in, there will be evil, ignorant and even stupid people. So how do people still fall in love, make millions of dollars, raise beautiful kids, have lovely homes, cars and great friends? By taking care of their own business. Sure they can help others, but they can't save the whole world. So the best advice I have heard is, enjoy your life and make the most of it. Don't worry about what you cannot change. It is a waste of time. You could be having a great time while you're here. And when its time to go, leave with no regrets!

1. Hayze Caine profile image60
      Hayze Caineposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's an awesome positive way of thinking of life an going by accepting the things you can't change and being the best you you can be any way. I've experienced feeling like I had no faith in humanity.. but you can't continue on in life like that.

working