jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is Marijuana really that popular with teenagers?

1. Karen Ranoni profile image49
    Karen Ranoniposted 3 years ago

Is Marijuana really that popular with teenagers?

My teenager told me that "everyone" smokes weed at her school. I know this cannot be true, but how prevalent is marijuana smoking among young people these days?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8973716_f260.jpg

2. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

It probably is very true. I know where I'm from, this is a true statement. Kids start with smoking cigarettes and then move on to smoke marijuana. Drinking alcohol is also involved. It's likely, though rare that after marijuana they'll go for the harder stuff like PCP, cocaine, heroin, etc. I think that because others are doing it, they all (or most of them) do it. Peer pressure is the hardest thing for kids. They need to learn to say "no."

3. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Very popular. It was once legal and it will soon become legal again. Although not legal for teens, they will still have easy access.

4. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

Here in the north of England, I'd say it's very popular. Compared to ten or fifteen years ago many more young people are smoking weed/grass/pot and they're not too concerned if they're caught either! Though still illegal I see young folk smoking it on buses, in cars, on the street. In some of the larger cities it's a free for all - a sort of low dependency culture has developed.....families smoke, then drink, then smoke some more.

1. Karen Ranoni profile image49
      Karen Ranoniposted 3 years agoin reply to this

At least it's not a hard drug, and it's better for your body than alcohol. I just don't want my daughter smoking it..lol

working