jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Vendor or Beggar ?!?

1. sherwani profile image60
    sherwaniposted 3 years ago

Vendor or Beggar ?!?

Just a question if anyone wants to answer.

There are four people: Elder Street Vendor (ESV), Child Street Vendor(CSV), Elder Street Beggar(ESB) and Child Street Beggar(CSB). Till now, I help/pay ESV, CSV and ESB. I have my own reasons to do that ,that I will share in comments later. The question is, among these, which are the ones you support/pay/help and what will you do??

2. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 3 years ago

I support all four categories providing they are trying to scam me or others.  I do not know the circumstances of their lives that has turned to begging (in particular); and, have no right to judge.  But for the grace of God...go I!

At his time I need to say I believe that we are all our brothers' and sisters' keepers and we are all born equal.  The only difference between any of us - low or high - is circumstances.  If one of our brothers or sisters is in real need; and, we have the ability to help - then it is our moral duty to help.

1. sherwani profile image60
      sherwaniposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think till three it is right but a CSB is not acceptable. If we support them then they will get this encouragement for the rest of their life. Don't you think.

2. pippap profile image86
      pippapposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Not necessarily.  A distant cousin of mine was made to beg as a child.  Her mother would force her to sing for change.  She grew up and became a very famous actress who helps those less fortunate.  In my original answer I meant to say "not" scamming.

3. sherwani profile image60
      sherwaniposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I got what u r saying. Still kinda don't agree with you. Your cousin was forced to do that, maybe he/she have a good voice, but didn;t  want to do the rest of the life.

working